• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meeting before bonding

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
Cant remember if i've asked this before or not, but is it best if buns live next door to each other before bonding so that they can see each other and get used to each others smells etc?

I believe that is called "slow bonding". I have no experience with it (as my girl is still unspayed so won't bond) but I reckon it might be a good way of introducing them :) I think I'll try it myself when that day comes.

All the bondings I do are the quick method which I personally feel is less stressful for the rabbits concenred. I also feel that this does little to speed up the hierachy settings which is something which has to happen regardless in any bonding process.

in all honesty, i haven't found it too bad at all (i was dreading it). i agree with the quick method tho - why prolong the agony as they could still kick off when they meet properly (in my humble opinion).

if you are getting hubby from a rescue, they will advise on how to bond - or even direct you to someone who will do it for you if you really don't want to.

in a weird kind of way, i've really enjoyed seeing the interaction btw eric and esme and i would quite like to do it again:D

I'd like to do the bonding, I'm just not sure I've got the bottle to lol. Jose's quite a difficult bunny and I'm worried about how she'll interact with another bun - she likes thing her way and her way only! lol.

The rescue bun that we'd like to adopt is really laid back and relaxed, so i think Jose might be the dominant one! Her husbun will be under the thumb :D

Back