• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sorry, next question...

Marreline

Warren Scout
...I know I'm really hammering this forum with my worries and questions at the moment. Thank you so much for supporting me through this worrying time.

The question is...

...my buns are usually kept outdoors but sinec getting Dumplin back from the hospital I've brought the hutch/run inside (takes up most of the front room!) because I was concerned about her getting too cold.

Do you think this was the right thing to do? Should I keep her in until her eating and pooing habits have returned to normal?

Not sure they like being in really - they keep getting disturbed by us banging about which might in itself hinder her progress.

:?

My vets say they must be kept somewhere warm & quiet & suggest keeping them indoors overnight after their dental but as all mine have been house rabbits this hasn't been a problem for me.

The main reason for bringing them in after an anaesthetic is that they can't regulate their body temperature as well due to the anaesthetic, so they need to be kept warm until the anaesthetic is totally flushed out of their system. Of course it can also be useful so you can keep a closer eye on them, but after a couple of days I think you'd need to take a judgement call on whether they are more stressed out indoors and whether this is actually hindering their recovery. Maybe something to discuss with your vet when you pop back.

Hope all is ok xx

I agree with Santa. Another thing is that its starting to get cold now so if you plan on them being back outdoors for winter you need to do it sooner rather than later so they can aclimatise.

Back