• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Obsession?

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
I think I have caught a new illness....bunny obsession!!

My OH says I have all the classic signs and symptoms (ie talking about rabbits non-stop, looking at all the rabbit photos on here, searching all the rescue bunnies online - so far have managed to resist visiting - reading all about them, talking to our bunnies, talking about getting new bunnies, then more new bunnies and some other new bunnies we could help, bunnies in the house, bunnies outside, runs, hutches, hay) etc etc. :oops:

The only cure seems to be getting some more bunnies. I have my eye on loads!! But I would only get another pair. Honest.

Is anyone else suffering from it? Have you been cured? When does it get 'dangerous'?? :lol::lol: What should I do to 'get better'?

Advice gratefully sought!

Its lethal.....youll never get over it,im afraid.:wave:
Ive got a terrible case of it......:oops::shock:

Actually, now you mention it, he has been showing signs himself. Like when I happen to be clicking through some of the rabbits waiting for rehoming on RR, he says "oh click on him, he's cute", "oh look at that one, isnt she lovely". etc etc.

I think this is a one-way road!! :lol:

Oh gosh it gets worse. I went for a job interview to work in a whole sale fish supplier and i went on and on about rabbits so much, im pretty sure thats why he never phoned me back :oops: :oops:.

I've got a terrible case of it! I'm hoping my second foster bunny (on top of my own two) will be home with me next weekend! My OH despairs! :lol::lol:

i have it! i caught it here! i had only the mildest dose before i came...i was a happy bunny mummy, innocent of all the wicked ailments that could beset my beloved bunnies, thinking they had a life of luxury and care. now, if i'm not actually looking at them (and matthew has come to believe every cuddle must start with a bum-inspection because mummy has a serious fear of fly-strike) i'm over here on the computer reading about other rabbits and looking at pictures of them....when i go to work i talk to my pupils about rabbits, and show them pictures (we've had fatfluffs vids to entertain us during registration)... oh yes, i am a mad rabbit woman. and there is hay all over the stairs...

I got a bad case of it when i first got Crystal and her then friend Smudge it grew worse when i joined here :oops:

I think theres only 2% of people with this illness who actually recover :(

I caught it too! :lol: it got especially worse when I began reading this forum ;)

And then I spread it to the OH... now we're as bad as each other! I dread to think how many bunnies we would have if we lived together.

I have it :wave: my niegbhours laugh at me when i lie in my run with the bunnys to talk to them :lol:

I'm glad I'm not the only one!!

Thanks everyone - it is nice to know I am not alone in my madness!! (Friends and family just dont get it I dont think!).

Well, seeing as there is no hope of a cure, I may as well look at bunnies to my heart's content, and keep dreaming of getting more....!

I have a particularly bad case...I went from 2 bunnies to 19 bunnies :shock: :shock:

On a more postive note...it did take me about 12 years to accumulate that many so I should have around 40 bunnies by 2025! :lol:

I have a particularly bad case...I went from 2 bunnies to 19 bunnies :shock: :shock:

On a more postive note...it did take me about 12 years to accumulate that many so I should have around 40 bunnies by 2025! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I would love to be in that situation (though I am guessing it is hard-work!!!). I even joke to the OH that I would need to give up work so I could be a full-time mum to a bevy of rabbits!!! Why isnt there parental leave for pets?! Ha ha ha ha!

:lol::lol::lol:

I would love to be in that situation (though I am guessing it is hard-work!!!). I even joke to the OH that I would need to give up work so I could be a full-time mum to a bevy of rabbits!!! Why isnt there parental leave for pets?! Ha ha ha ha!

I work full-time too, so it can be done :D

Go on...you know you want more bunnies! :lol:

I have a bad case of it too. Getting more buns only adds to the problem, its really not a cure:lol:

Am kind of hoping that there is no cure to be honest!

Back