• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hi everyone!

hey everyone :wave: my names emily and have just gained two new additions to the family this weekend, two little girls (i hope :?) daisy and lola, 10 week old lion-head rabbits, they are adorable but as a first-time rabbit owner i have joined up here in the hope to get some help and advice on different aspects of being a rabbit owner :D

i've got a hutch for them which is is the garage but my plan is to eventually only use the hutch to keep them in when im out for longer than a few hours and have them both as house-rabbits! i put them in the bathroom (easy to clean little accidents) for a few hours today and just sat with them and also made a little litter tray in the hope it will be fairly easy to litter train them, it didnt go down too well today and afterwards the bathroom was a mass of poo and shavings :lol:

so if anybody has any tips for me on litter training that would be great as i cant wait to get them in my room but dont quite fancy them weeing and pooing on my carpet also any other suggestions on bedding? as the shavings got EVERYWHERE and were stuck in their fur :lol:

any other tips on bonding with them aswell would be great as they seem petrified of being held at the moment, i have the scratches to prrove it! :roll:

hopefully ill find my way around here ok and im off to trawl some posts to gain abit of knowledge!

anyway heres some pictures -

lola -

100_1023.jpg

daisy -

100_1025.jpg

xxx

Ohhhh..theyre gorgous!! Paws crossed theyre both girlies.....
Welcome to the forum...youll get loads of info on here.I joined just over a year ago and learnt heaps!!

Hello :wave:
Congratulations on your new bunnies.
You might need to get several litter trays and put them in each corner, until they get used to using them xx

Hi
they are cute :D and yep you may need more litter trays to start with
Also get someone, such as a decent rabbit vet, to sex them properly or you could end up with a very young pregnant rabbit.

If they are both girls keep them together at all times. don't seperate to take to vet etc,. and watch out in about 3 -5 weeks time when they hit puberty as their horomones will kick in..it would be a good idea to think about getting them speyed as soon as they are old enough.
And they can have their vaccinations now:D

Hi Everyone..

I am Timon and this is my first forum entry here.. Since I am new to forum community and I feel I am in midst of my own learning curve. I feel sometimes, that I have to learn a lot, hope you guys have patient on me.

Back