• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The stress is intense. Aaaah

Marreline

Warren Scout
Dumpling's road to recovery is long and winding. Still incredibly worried about her. There's only been two small poos and a little bit of hay nibbled since getting her home at 10am. I've given her more Zantac and tried recovery food but she's spitting it and struggling like mad to get away each time.

Know there are many of you out there facing similar stress and worry and my heart goes out to you. I feel sick.

Just needed to tell people who would understand.

:cry:

I'm sorry Dumpling is still poorly :(
Hang on in there.hopefully you'll see some improvement soon.
What other meds is Dumpling on? xx

They've sent her home with no meds. Just the Oxbow recovery food but I've had zero luck with that. Have brought the hutch inside and she's a little more lively - perhaps she was cold? She has been in hospital for 2 nights so may not have appreciated the drop in temp. today. Worth a try. Of course, it may be the Zantac that has eased her tum a bit. I'm so useless and clueless :cry:
Awaiting a call from the vet to tell her my concerns.

They've sent her home with no meds. Just the Oxbow recovery food but I've had zero luck with that. Have brought the hutch inside and she's a little more lively - perhaps she was cold? She has been in hospital for 2 nights so may not have appreciated the drop in temp. today. Worth a try. Of course, it may be the Zantac that has eased her tum a bit. I'm so useless and clueless :cry:
Awaiting a call from the vet to tell her my concerns.

She may struggle to maintain her body temperature while she is poorly so a reasonably warm room is best, or a covered snugglesafe on one side of the cage is a good idea.

I'm surprised she has no meds. Tippex Porkychicken also has gut stasis and as well as recovery she is on metacam, baytril, fibreplex, infacol and has had metoclopramide for gut motility...

I know - I never thought to question it at the time but am also worried that I have no meds to give her should she deteriorate further.

Vet has yet to ring back.

Very stressed. Got work tomorrow and am exhausted but scared to leave my little bun.

Is it normal for her poo to be very sloppy and stinky? She is actually eating quite a bit of hay now and has had 3 pellets. A little kale too.

I know - I never thought to question it at the time but am also worried that I have no meds to give her should she deteriorate further.

Vet has yet to ring back.

Very stressed. Got work tomorrow and am exhausted but scared to leave my little bun.

Is it normal for her poo to be very sloppy and stinky? She is actually eating quite a bit of hay now and has had 3 pellets. A little kale too.

It sounds like she has caecal dysbiosis:http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/poop.html

Back