• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help me Re-bonding my bunnies

Hi, Where to start? Right well i have 2 lovely boy bunnies. The first and oldest is floyd, he is a british giant, and is 7 months old. Then there is flo, he is a french lop and is 5 months old. They were put together from the moment we got them, and they loved each other dearly, but then things changed. We moved house and floyd started getting his hormoans, so we had him neuterd. Thats when flo started bite'in floyd. We then got flo neuterd aswell thinking this would help, but it hasnt. It seems to us that floyd just wants to cuddle up to flo, but flo's tail instantly goes up, and he gives off a smell like baked beans. They are both indoor bunnies and both have seperate cages. We have tryed sitting with them in a room, but it always ends up in a fight ((and flo loosing fur!)) I really need some help, i just want them to be able to go in the run together, and not have to lock one away, when the other is out. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Many thanks :cry::?

I would wait, it takes about 4-6 weeks for hormones to die down. I am still waiting for my girl to calm down so I can pair with my boy. I would put them in seperate rooms and let them forget about each other for a couple of weeks then try again on completely neutral territory.

If that doesn't work, you may need to get a 'professional' in and approach a rescue who have done this loads

Back