• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fighting!

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
Drake and Josh keep fighting. Drake like nips Josh on the nose, then they end up rolling around, pulling fur out etc etc. I shout or distract them, and they stop, but I can't be there all the time to keep doing it. They eat their food next to each other (out of seperate bowls)

What can I do? Its horrible seeing it:cry:

Are they both neutered? It sounds like you're going to have to seperate them I'm afraid, or they could do serious injury to each other.

Are they both neutered? It sounds like you're going to have to seperate them I'm afraid, or they could do serious injury to each other.

They are neutered yes. They have been like this before, and they stop in a couple of days, but they have been with each other for over 2 years

My two are like this sometimes. They have hurt each other before, but haven't done it for a while. I find that if they are bored they do it more, or when I am feeding them. The rest of the time they are fine though and spend all their time together. I have persevered with it and all is well fingers crossed. I have found that if I put them in their pet carrier for a while (whilst cleaning out etc) then it calms them down.

My two are like this sometimes. They have hurt each other before, but haven't done it for a while. I find that if they are bored they do it more, or when I am feeding them. The rest of the time they are fine though and spend all their time together. I have persevered with it and all is well fingers crossed. I have found that if I put them in their pet carrier for a while (whilst cleaning out etc) then it calms them down.

Good Idea! Do you put them in seperate carriers? Or the same one?

I have a pair like this and at the first sign of trouble I take them on a car journey for about half an hour and when we all come back they seem fine.

I would look into why it might be happening though. With mine it's one getting anxious about the other one not being there (yesterday I cut his nails and she started to fight him when he went back in). The trigger is important, be it illness, separation, a specific smell, anything, to work out what the best course of action is.

However, if you don't feel safe leaving them together then can you separate them but have them next to each other so they can smell and lie next to each other but can't fight? Then when you are around maybe try supervised play?

Back