PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever kicked a bunny?

sidereus7
20-09-2009, 06:41 PM
When Milo runs around the house, it seems that he purposely tries to get under foot! I have accidentally kicked him so many times. :oops:

My OH kicked Eddison yesterday, and he felt awful.

Has anyone else ever kicked a bunny by accident?

Rachie
20-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Yes BY ACCIDENT! oh has done it too

*feels like worst person ever for admitting it*

Becca
20-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Me too:oops::oops:

Snowberry
20-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Ive kicked and trod on Strawberry hundreds of times. He runs directly under your feet so its impossible to avoid.

Sami M
20-09-2009, 06:50 PM
I dropped a kitchen roll on smudges head once and felt awful but she spent the rest of the evening chucking it about getting her revenge!!!

p_prod_uk
20-09-2009, 06:51 PM
A;Yup!! Blake is a little monkey for dashing under my feet as I'm clambouring into the shed!! He never learns! :roll::lol:

Although he got his own back today,scratching me to death trying to pick him up :roll:

Kermit
20-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Yip, ive nearly fell in the living room cos Kermit ran under my feet, he was one lucky bunster that i never landed on him!

sidereus7
20-09-2009, 06:53 PM
I dropped a kitchen roll on smudges head once and felt awful but she spent the rest of the evening chucking it about getting her revenge!!!

:lol: Take that, vile kitchen roll!! :evil:

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who boots the buns by accident. :oops:

kerry-123
20-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Once I actually tripped over Oliver and fell on my face:evil::lol::lol:

Lillian
20-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Kicked and punched them :oops: Both were accidents. It was late at night, i went to the bathroom and when i returned it was too dark to see them and i kicked Butters in the face, then i got in bed and she jumped in and i punched her in the face too :oops::lol: I felt awful but she didn't seem phased, just stole some shortbread and ran off :roll::lol:

Bunny Buddy
20-09-2009, 07:01 PM
When I walk in Artie's territory I walk with my feet at least 8 inches apart as he has a habit of darting between my feet as I walk and getting squashed :roll: I have tripped over him a few times and I think I've caught him with my heel when he's following too closely as well, you have to be constantly aware of them hanging round your feet. He can't 'arf move fast for a 5 year old bunster :love::love:

donnamt
20-09-2009, 07:03 PM
yup. i did that turn your lights off for earth day once and Alvin ended up over the other side of the room :shock::shock::shock:

ive even shut my chipmunk in a door too... im not a good pet mom :oops::oops::oops:

mopsmum
20-09-2009, 07:05 PM
:oops: i'm affraid i have. jasper always gets under my feet :?

PomandRi
20-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Yes, and I felt absolutely terrible, so it's actually quite reassuring in a bizarre sort of way to know that other people have done it too.

Buns were out in the garden and I was taking some washing out to the line so carrying a basket which I couldn't see around or under very well. Pom had come running up to say 'hello' and as I walked to the washing line I just kicked her as I walked. I was mortified but fortunately no damage was done and a few Fenugreek Crunchies later she was my friend again. :)

Becca
20-09-2009, 07:23 PM
yup. i did that turn your lights off for earth day once and Alvin ended up over the other side of the room :shock::shock::shock:

ive even shut my chipmunk in a door too... im not a good pet mom :oops::oops::oops:
:lol::lol:Donna i love you.
You are a fab mum:love::love:

vicki267
20-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Jet always used to get under my feet, once I was hanging the washing out and I tripped over her and almost hung myself on the line :shock: Before she was spayed she was awful.

Now, unfortunately it's little Bob who I'm always trying to avoid, I sometimes end up catching her but more so injure myself :evil:

I think that's the problem with them freeranging :lol:

Hoppit!
20-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Yes. I'm always stepping on them too! :shock: I could never have a house bun.

donnamt
20-09-2009, 07:25 PM
:lol::lol:Donna i love you.
You are a fab mum:love::love:

yeah but i kept quiet about sitting on Alvin the other day when i was struggling to get drugs into Pearl :oops::oops::oops:

he thumps at drug time now :lol::lol::lol:

Becca
20-09-2009, 07:28 PM
yeah but i kept quiet about sitting on Alvin the other day when i was struggling to get drugs into Pearl :oops::oops::oops:

he thumps at drug time now :lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol:Awww bless:love:

Elena
20-09-2009, 07:48 PM
I have never actually stepping on them (heard on another forum once about someone who stood on their bunns tail and it came off :shock:) but I have come close to it several times!

casu consulto
20-09-2009, 07:55 PM
I did an amazingly dramatic fall up the hallway to avoid standing on one of mine. :roll: He was shadowing me, I turned, my foot hovered over him and actually brushed his back - I swung around to put it down and nearly fell, but he ran that way too.. So I let myself fall with a crash. I was lay on the floor, dazed and half having a heart attack and the daft rabbit was skipping about licking my head and nibbling my hair like 'that was fun!!'

sidereus7
20-09-2009, 07:59 PM
I did an amazingly dramatic fall up the hallway to avoid standing on one of mine. :roll: He was shadowing me, I turned, my foot hovered over him and actually brushed his back - I swung around to put it down and nearly fell, but he ran that way too.. So I let myself fall with a crash. I was lay on the floor, dazed and half having a heart attack and the daft rabbit was skipping about licking my head and nibbling my hair like 'that was fun!!'

:lol::lol:

DemiS
20-09-2009, 08:07 PM
When Milo runs around the house, it seems that he purposely tries to get under foot! I have accidentally kicked him so many times. :oops:

Not but very nearly stood on them a few times :lol:
And my mums friend once nearly sat on Flash :shock: He had jumped on the sofa just as my mums friend was going to sit down :roll:

Lspacehopper
20-09-2009, 08:11 PM

All the time!! Stupid Petal runs into my feet ALL the time. It's got to the point I take dainty little steps for fear of her running under my feet lol

jenzel5
20-09-2009, 08:14 PM
My first rabbit Thumper was stood on by my step dad and was killed. My step dad couldn't stop crying and couldn't look at me for ages. He was walking out of the garage and didnt see him. Sorry, awful story but everyone please be careful! It always scares me and if I see Hayden or Dudley by my oh's feet im always like, look out Dudley is behind you! scary! :cry:

DemiS
20-09-2009, 08:17 PM
My first rabbit Thumper was stood on by my step dad and was killed. My step dad couldn't stop crying and couldn't look at me for ages. He was walking out of the garage and didnt see him. Sorry, awful story but everyone please be careful! It always scares me and if I see Hayden or Dudley by my oh's feet im always like, look out Dudley is behind you! scary! :cry:

:( Poor bun

Sky-O
20-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Yes, but mainly only Badger. We have all had to develop the Badger Shuffle to enable us to get round without jet propelling him across the room.

Its horrible, he's such a hazard, but such a love bug which is why he is wherever we are.

Loosy
20-09-2009, 08:43 PM
I had never kicked Pipkin before, he's pretty good at avoiding feet, but I kicked Ruby the other day and felt really really guilty. It's good to know I'm not the only one!
I was crouched down to clean the hutch and Ruby's pretty nosey and I didn't realise she'd come up behind me to see what I was doing. When I went to stand up my foot sort of moved back and I kicked her in the head :(
She didn't seem to mind too much so I don't think she was hurt but I gave her lots of cuddles anyway.

Jayney
20-09-2009, 08:44 PM
some days it seems like it is their mission to trip me up, i walk around the garden in slow motion trying to avoid them

steph182
20-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Oh god yes. I kick Charlie all the time (obviously it's an accident!). If I'm getting his supper ready, he races around my feet so I can't move without it. He's a git! Thankfully it's not hard, and he doesn't even noticed. Even after I've done it, he still hangs around my feet at food time!

Lauralou
20-09-2009, 10:18 PM
I've sent Carlton spinning like Bambi on ice across laminate flooring several times :oops: I get serious foot flicking in return!

kattymieoww
21-09-2009, 02:35 AM
Well gently rather than kicked over the room I presume?Yes, if they think you have food/treats then they can get underfoot,however,having house buns I know to walk slowly and carefully now.:)

tigerangel
21-09-2009, 03:03 AM
I think I kick Smudge or Sora once a day :oops: They get each other hyped up and they dance around my feet when I'm walking to their food bowls with epllets and sometimes they get right in front of my feet as I move them forward :oops::oops::oops: Usually they turn it into a binky though :lol:

Crystal butterfly
21-09-2009, 08:23 AM
I havent kicked my buns but nearly have it ended with me nearly on my face because my legs went in weird positions dodging them!

there was once though when the buns were free range my mum came over and Crystal followed her into the house (her way of saying feed me) my mum never realised so went to shut the door realised the door wouldnt close looked down to see what was stopping it and there was crystal with her 2 front feet getting jammed :( Crystal ended up limping down the steps bless her but was thankfully ok! my mum felt horrible and kept ringing that night to make sure she was ok!

kitschkitty
21-09-2009, 07:46 PM
All the time unfortunately, Deej is very good at getting underfoot. I did feel very guilty one day when I picked him up and somehow managed to hit his head on the edge of the coffee table, but he didn't seem to notice at all! Deej does seem very good at not noticing when they've been bumped! :roll::lol:

GroovyLou
21-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Yep both me and the OH have done by accident as he keeps getting under our feet and follows us everywhere. I have also nearly fell over because Buttons has been right under my feet and I went to walk off.

Bluesmum
22-09-2009, 12:41 PM
:oops::oops::oops:
Far too often. I always feel really awful whenever I do it though. It's mostly cause Blue races you to the kitchen and insists on sitting behind you when you're at the sink.
I got so fed up of tripping over him while I was cooking (and nearly burning the both of us with pans of boiling water) that I shut him in the utility room with a baby gate.
I'm alway going bum over boobs trying to avoid him too :roll:
I think the worst thing though was when I had a friend and his girlfriend over for dinner. Now, she is (putting this VERY politely-please don't anyone be offended) somewhat on the large side and as she went to sit down Blue jumped up underneath her. Luckily My sis was there and managed to grab him before he was squished :shock: