• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really struggling :-(

**Ilovelops**

Alpha Buck
Snowy and Babe have been on antibiotics (orally and by injection) now for 3 weeks, and the sneezing hasn't stopped. Infact, it's getting worse, particulary with Babe as she's now sneezing a snotty discharge :(

I feel well out of my depth now, and my vets don't seem to want to know what more to do :?:?:(

To make things worse, I'm away for the week now with work, so the bunnies are being cared for by a friend. They are still having antibiotics orally, but it's not making much difference, and I can't get them to a vet again any sooner than Friday (when I get back).

I feel like I'm failing them :( I wish I was more rabbit-knowledgable to be able to help them:( Help! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

What antibiotics are they on?

What area are you in as you may benefit from a recommendation to a more rabbit savvy vet?

Ok.

So has the vet made a diagnosis? Snuffles/pasturella? Has the vet seen the bunnies since treatment started?

What area are you in?

Sorry, I see there is another thread depicting the problems and treatment they have received so far. This may sound rude but have you taken any of the advice given there - ie another vet, cultures and different antibiotics?

I sympathise with you, I have had buns with snuffles and it always comes at difficult times.

Oh I feel for you, I really do. One of my bridge bunnies had snuffles and I felt out of control too. She was given four different types of antibiotics but none of them seemed to work :( It's such an awful condition.

Back