• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

eric doesn't seem happy - advice please

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
since introducing esme, eric has become quite withdrawn. they haven't been fighting and sometimes there is grooming - mainly esme grooming eric as he will groom her for a few seconds then try humping her:roll:).

having lived with eric for quite some time, i have noticed that he doesn't seem so relaxed or happy. he doesn't flop happily any more and there have been no mad eric binkies since esme arrived.

he is eating - not as much so his poops are a bit smaller (not alarmingly), i think because he doesn't seem to relax and munch on lots of hay. he'll have a bit then he seems edgy again.

i'm not sure eric having a friend bun is for the best at all. i know its 'early days' but he seems like a different bun.

any advice or thoughts please?

no ideas from anyone?

found a few tufts of fur (eric's) earlier. esme is currently flopped under the table so she seems pretty chilled.

i'm starting to get rather concerned that i made the wrong decision and not every bunny needs or wants a companion:?

hiya :D how old is eric? If hes particuarly old he could be 'set in his ways' however when i bonded my two we had weeks of hiro pulling at kiki's fur and mounting. It died down by around the fourth week.
I assume both buns are 'done'? And they have been apart long enough for the hormones to die down before introducing them? Good luck x

hiya :D how old is eric? If hes particuarly old he could be 'set in his ways' however when i bonded my two we had weeks of hiro pulling at kiki's fur and mounting. It died down by around the fourth week.
I assume both buns are 'done'? And they have been apart long enough for the hormones to die down before introducing them? Good luck x

thank you for your reply. eric is 9 months old. i've had him since he was 9wks. neutered since beginning july.

esme is a rescue bun. 2yrs old and was spayed aug 27th before she came to live here. not sure how long girly hormones take to settle:? eric was never really hormonal at all.

they have very different personalities - she's very busy, he's very dopey.

are your two fine now? x

Hector took a while to relax after we got honey and seemed a bit on edge for the first few weeks (he is normally a very chilled out bun) but after a while he relaxed and now is so happy to have a wife to groom him. I would give it a few more weeks before worrying too much.

they have very different personalities - she's very busy, he's very dopey.

My two are like this. Ebs is very inquisitive and wants to know what is going on all the time where as Oliver is very laid back. Its like when I vacuum, she runs away and he'll move out the way but but isn't bothered

You haven't had the two of them together very long have you? My guess weren't relaxed with each other (to the point of flopping out) for a long time. Its still early days for them, they're probably still getting used to each other being around. I think they're a bit like use hoomans, we wouldn't slob out in the early days of the relationship either :)

thank you. perseverance eh:) just a bit unnerving to see such a change in the usual happy, mischievous eric that makes me doubt myself.

Back