• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flash and Harley at a Rabbit Jumping Display

DemiS

Warren Veteran
Flash and Harley doing a rabbit jumping display at London Champs Show, Reading...

Harley high jump...
dp.jpg

Flash on the not-so-long jump, looking very cute :) ...
IMG_2688.jpg

Flash again, please excuse his stained bum/feet. He decided to spray all over the side of his pen ...
IMG_2689.jpg

Flash again...
London1.png

Flash yet again...
London2.png

Flash's highest jump :) (I put the bars on the floor, he didn't knock them off) ...
London3.png

Harley in a very strange jumping pose...
London4.png

Sorry on the lack of Jez pictures.
He's still quite un-tame, and I have only just started getting him used to the harness.

They are so cute. :love: How do you train them to do that?

They look a bit strange in the pics, probably because when I take pictures I don't use flash (As in camera flash, not the rabbit).

And if you look on the site it tells you it all :)

I really wanna get Dylan trained up to do this. You never know, he might be a competitor at one of your events once day ;)

Those photos are fantastic :love: I love that first photo by Dave Mould with the front paws neatly together, it looks like he/she is going for maximum points for style and grace :)

Strawberry would love jumping! His favourite game is to jump onto the dining table.

Snowdrop would take one look at the jumps then probably flop out next to them!

Strawberry would love jumping! His favourite game is to jump onto the dining table.

Snowdrop would take one look at the jumps then probably flop out next to them!

The dining table :shock:
That is high!

Flash looks like Lola! :love::love:

Flash is no where near as cute as Lola, I think she must be the prettiest bun on here :love: I think lionheads are one of the cutest breeds, and I love rabbits with eye patches :lol:

it looks like a fun day.:D

Fun, but very busy! We were meant to do displays 20 to and 20 past each hour, but we missed out two I think, because one had run into another :roll: :lol:

lovely photo's, the last one made me laugh :lol::love: did he clear it, it looks high

I know, he's jumping very strangely on the last one :lol: Usually he jumps stretched out with his front paws together (Like on the first pic).

And yes he did clear it :) :lol:

He'll be a good bunny to train. He's brill on the harness and loves to jump :)
How often did you train with Flash?

I've always harness trained my rabbits, so he was used to that. I tried to train him every day, but he wouldn't have any of it.

At the first competition About 3 years after I tried to train Flash, I decided to get him out of his pen (He was entered just in the pet section of the show) and try him with jumping, and to my suprise he jumped. I started training again nearly every day, this time rewarding him at the end. After a few weeks he got the hang of it, and after a few months he's now loads better!

I can't remember for sure, but I think at one point I sat him so he could watch Harley doing the jumping. Can't remember when this was though, so I can't tell you if it worked or not :oops::lol:

I am sure my Bamber would be an excellent show jumping rabbit. He loves jumping and climbing. Although training him to do it when I want him to would be another matter... :roll:

Rabswood

I am sure my Bamber would be an excellent show jumping rabbit. He loves jumping and climbing. Although training him to do it when I want him to would be another matter... :roll:

Rabswood

Same with Flash and Jez. Both can jump high, just not on command.
They're very stubborn bunnies :roll:

Back