• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

whats the best sex bun to go in with a full grown male?

loz3232

Warren Scout
hi im lauren:wave:,
i have a bunny called Ralph and hes not yet 1 and hes full grown. He is a albino lop and hes very, very dosile:) And he is neutured! x
I feel very sorry for him, as he lives alone but hes fine with that :)
but anyway i don't know what sex bun to put in with him? Thats where i need you're help please:)? A friend has told me to put a spayed full grown female in with him...but another friend has said a spayed female baby? I really don't know...but i would prefer a little spayed baby girl:love:?
thankyou,
lauren x

Last edited:
A neutered female of any age will be fine to put with your boy. The least stressful way would be to find a rescue which will help you with the bonding.

Is that Ralph on your avatar? he looks lovely!! and well done for neutering him and then looking out for a friend for him.

Because he is so used to being on his own, even though he is probably lonely, introducing a girlfriend into 'his' home might be a bit tricky at first as he may be a bit territorial. The best thing to do is find a nice suitable neutered and vaccinated girl bun from a nearby rescue and ask if they will help you with the bonding - possibly even doing it at their rescue so that Ralph gets to fall in love without getting territorial - then you can bring the newly weds back home!!

Any age will be suitable - but at 1yr he is probably still quite lively and 'teenage' so a young rabbit rather than a mature elderly one would be best.

Is that Ralph on your avatar? he looks lovely!! and well done for neutering him and then looking out for a friend for him.

Because he is so used to being on his own, even though he is probably lonely, introducing a girlfriend into 'his' home might be a bit tricky at first as he may be a bit territorial. The best thing to do is find a nice suitable neutered and vaccinated girl bun from a nearby rescue and ask if they will help you with the bonding - possibly even doing it at their rescue so that Ralph gets to fall in love without getting territorial - then you can bring the newly weds back home!!

Any age will be suitable - but at 1yr he is probably still quite lively and 'teenage' so a young rabbit rather than a mature elderly one would be best.

Thanks,
I am going to speak to my mum about your idea because i think its great :) love the idea of them getting married haha x thanks x

What a lovely idea.

If you go for a baby girl she won't be spayed or vaccinated & your mom will have to bear the cost of that - whereas if you choose to adopt an older bunny (as suggested above) she will be spayed & vaccinated, as well as the benefits already mentioned regarding bonding :D

Good luck with finding Ralph a wife, he's one lucky bunny to have such a caring & responsible owner :love:

Back