• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is my rabbit safe!? x

loz3232

Warren Scout
hi my names lauren,
you've problay heard about my bunny before..hes called ralph:)
well, my rabbit is outside in a nice long indoor cage but round that cage is a massive run and i have been noticing alot of rabbit droppings and wee outside of the big cage...where ralph can't reach? so i got in today and noticed a wild girl bun kissing ralph through the bars....so i took a closer look and ralph wasnt distressed or anything with this wild rabbit so i left it but then i realised about fleas? Will ralph be ok if this bunny is only kissing him through bars, or will he still get fleas? please help im a bit worried:?
thankyou,
lauren x

Is Ralph vaccinated against VHD and Myxie

Is your run on grass or concrete / slabs? If he is on grass there is a chance that either yours could dig out or the wildie dig in.

Is your run on grass or concrete / slabs? If he is on grass there is a chance that either yours could dig out or the wildie dig in.[/QUOT
i think he is....my mum had him neutured and stuff so i dont know but i do think he is :)
and its on concrete:)

Is your run on grass or concrete / slabs? If he is on grass there is a chance that either yours could dig out or the wildie dig in.[/QUOT
i think he is....my mum had him neutured and stuff so i dont know but i do think he is :)
and its on concrete:)

Ask your mum to make sure. If not I would bring him in right away and get him Vaccinated ASAP. It is vital if you have wildies around, especially so close. :)

Remind your mum that myxi vaccines have to be repeated EVERY 6 MONTHS - for ever and ever! and VHD vaccines every year.

Hello fellow geordie :wave:
Id personally just make sure bunny is de-fleaed with the propper stuff from the vets, myxi every 6 month and vhd every year! I know theres someone else on here who gets a wildie visiting to see her domestic bunnys to cant remember who though :?

Id personally just make sure bunny is de-fleaed with the propper stuff from the vets, myxi every 6 month and vhd every year! I know theres someone else on here who gets a wildie visiting to see her domestic bunnys to cant remember who though :?

hi:wave: haha :D
and thankyou for advice :)
x

There fab - Judith deals with alot of small animals and I know she is a very well known and a very trusted vet when it comes to small animals!
:D I think it works out about £29 for both vaccs! cheapest I could find in the NE area! :)

I've used the johnsons small animal flea powder, and it's been great for me. Only costs £2.50 and usually gets rid of all fleas in one simple treatment.

I've used the johnsons small animal flea powder, and it's been great for me. Only costs £2.50 and usually gets rid of all fleas in one simple treatment.

After the many horror storys ive heard, im still of the opinion you should always get the stuff from the vets, esp if its to do with small animals :)

Our garden is wildie infested, and the only problem my buns had was when they ate contaminated grass, and picked up worms and coccidiosis. They've never had any trouble with just 'talking' to wildie cousins though, so as long as he's vaccinated it shouldn't be a problem. It does sound though like he might be lonely - I'm sure he'd a appreciate a friend. Have you considered adopting a wifey bun for him?

Our garden is wildie infested, and the only problem my buns had was when they ate contaminated grass, and picked up worms and coccidiosis. They've never had any trouble with just 'talking' to wildie cousins though, so as long as he's vaccinated it shouldn't be a problem. It does sound though like he might be lonely - I'm sure he'd a appreciate a friend. Have you considered adopting a wifey bun for him?

we're buying a friend for him very soon as its coming up winter and i think he needs to cuddle to someone :lol: x i mean i do that the whole time but when im not around :D and i have some really bad news!!! Everyone thanks for your help but i dont think i need it anymore :( i came home from school last week and my draw dropped i saw a bunny dead on the road..it wasnt any bunny it was ralphs las..she got ran over :(:cry:
i instantly pured tears everywhere..i was so sad i got a bag and gloves and stopped the traffic to pick her up and bury her in my garden :( its sooo sad to see something like that (with any animal) i cant stop crying..even now! :cry: xx

lol the wild one(female) ralph loved her, they kissed through the bars :)
but stupid idiot ran her over:cry:! how can someone not see a bunny?? xx

Are you sure it was the same bun?
Nearly all wildies look the same.

Poor bun :(
The driver probably did see the bunny, but it might of been an option of hit the rabbit or kill the family in the car opposite :(

Back