PDA

View Full Version : Tragic news :(

bluebunny
19-09-2009, 12:49 PM
I got back last night from a lovely holiday in whitby,We came back last night instead of this morning because i wanted to spend the whole day at home today as its my birthday, Id left Vinnie and Miffy with a friend all the others went into boarding.i texted every other day to ask how they were I had this niggling feeling something wasnt right but i tried to enjoy my holiday,My mum rang me on the way home and said she wanted to come round when we got back,as she wouldnt have time today,i just thought it was to give me my presents,But when i answered the door i knew something was wrong,She was white,She told me to sit down she then went on to tell me that something had happened to Miffy and Vinnie:cry: I started screaming,My friend who was looking after them had them in a dog kennel run,Her dogs had got in and you can guess the rest:cry:,Im devestated:cry: cant stop crying, cant eat or sleep,how or why has this happened,My friend rang my mum on mon when this happened my mum says she is in bits but i cant talk to her right now,I keep having all these horrible thoughts about what happened,my mum says the dogs hadnt marked them so it must of been shock,i just cant helped thinking how scared they must of been,My poor babies:cry: I still have all my cards and presents here unopened i dont care about my birthday i just want my babies back:cry:

Kermit
19-09-2009, 12:52 PM
OH NO!!!!!!!
This is just absolutely devastating, what a dreadful thing to happen.
I cant imagine how you feel, but my thoughts are with you right now, biggest hugs ever from me. xx

sacol4940
19-09-2009, 12:53 PM
oh im so sorry hun, sending *hugs
xx

FriskyClover
19-09-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm so sorry, I can't imagine how you must be feeling.

Hugs

FC x

Santa
19-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Oh Marie how absolutely awful, you must be totally devastated :( Big hugs to you xxx

TeflonsShadow
19-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Oh my god, thats terrible!

My thoughts are with you at this dredful time :(

*hugs*

(although I know this will mean nothing... happy birthday)

shelley1977
19-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Thats heartbreaking,im so sorry.x

XMissySJx
19-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Oh my god, i am so sorry, i dont know what to say, i have tears brimming in my eyes because i just cant even comprehend how you feel :(:(:(:(

Sending you a massive hug. You poor thing :(

bluebunny
19-09-2009, 01:04 PM
I dont know what im going to do:cry: Its bad enough a pet dying or being pts but for this to happen i had no control over it and now my poor bunnies are dead poor Miffy id had her since she was 8 weeks old i picked her at 4 weeks she had never been ill,Id only had Vinnie a year but i loved him just as much,i just hoped id get up today and things would be better but there not,im going to miss them so much:cry:

cazh
I'm so so sorry to hear of your loss x

amyhhh
So sorry :cry::cry:
Binky free vinnie and miffy

Fairy13
19-09-2009, 01:05 PM
oh gosh thats just awful :cry: I'm so so sorry.

winnies angel
19-09-2009, 01:07 PM
my thoughts are with you sending love to you and of course our love and healing goes to your buns who are now running free.

This is just a reminder of how accidents can happen so unexpected, I keep telling my other half off because he'll pop around his mums with our rabbits and they have a staffie, I kick off saying what if? He says what if wont ever happen! But this just shows what if does happen!
Your poor friend must be sooo devastated also (i Understand how you wont want to speak to her at mo) but remember shes obv witnessed this and hasnt been able to stop them she must feel terrible. How do you face someone after being trusted to look after their beloved pets and your own pets have so cruelly killed them. She'll have to live with that guilt and torture forever.
Send your love to your buns and let them know your forever thinking of them but they are safe now and nothing will ever hurt them again. Say your sorry for not being able to help them, as I know that you will be feeling that its our own fault. Please dont blame yourself your buns know that you love them very much and would never have let them get hurt deliberately. Take in that your mum said they wouldnt hav esuffered as they would have died from shock or if they play dead they lower the heart rate sooo much that it will stop if they dont manage to get free. So they wouldnt have suffered! Little comfort in this terrible time I know.xxx

Lib_n_bunny
19-09-2009, 01:10 PM
OMG I'm so very sorry, how heartbreaking. It makes the holiday, your birthday, mean nothing.

I'm at my mums at the moment, and every time someone opens the front door I go running to make sure Beau ccan't get out, I'm petrified someone will forget and he'll get out, I'm permanently on edge, for exactly this reason - accidents do happen. Your friend must be devastated too, and feel so guilty, but I'm sure she understands why you can't speak to her right now.

biscuitblossom
19-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Oh my goodness,you poor thing what an awful.awful shock....sorry isn't enough but I don't know what else to say.:cry:

SarahP
19-09-2009, 01:24 PM
I can't tell you how sorry I am. :cry: xxx Your poor mum having to break the news to you too. :(

*Spider*
19-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Oh my God, how awful :(
Binky Free Vinnie and Miffy.
Huge hugs to you.
Xxxxxxxx

Daphne & Peanut
19-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Oh no I'm am so sorry. sending you ((Hugs)) xxxx

Sky-O
19-09-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm so so sorry.

It will take time to come to terms and deal with this, so don't expect too much of yourself when it comes to feeling better.

The day before my birthday in 2005 my heart bunny died due to a 'cat incident', and it is so, so hard because people still expect you to enjoy your birthday, when actually, you don't care about that, just what has happened.

Please know my PM box is open if you want a chat/vent or anything.

Binky Free Vinnie and Miffy.

x

prettylupin
19-09-2009, 01:26 PM
OMG that is just horrendous I am so desperately sorry to hear your tragic news :cry::cry: and we were just working on getting Vinnie through his stasis weren't we :cry::cry: I can't even comprehend how devastated you must feel - what a horrible horrible shock for you and such an awful thing to happen.
If your mum says they were physically unharmed then can I just reassure you that sudden shock is usually a very quick heart attack and it is likely that they would not have suffered as adrenaline release tends to cancel out any pain or sensations. I hope that helps you to clear such guilt and pain from your mental images. I'm am so truely sorry for your loss :cry::cry:

Jack's-Jane
19-09-2009, 01:28 PM
I dont know what to say Marie, I can only imagin the total devastation you must feel.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

bluebunny
19-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Last year before i went away Claude was pts this year i go away and come back to this:cry: I dont know what ive done to derserve this?:cry: I texted my friend today because i wanted to know when it happened,She didnt tell me how or what happened as she wants to tell me face to face,She said Miffy had a mark on her back end but tiny and Vinnie had nothing on him:cry:
Shes a vet nurse so there at the vets now as she said i can see them but i dont think i will as it will only upset me further:cry:

mopsmum
19-09-2009, 01:37 PM
:cry: im so sorry. dont know what else to say x

Jaypot
19-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Maire, I am truly, truly sorry :(( :(( :(( This is just the most awful news and I don't know how you will be able to bear it :((

Remember them happy and healthy - take your time grieving, it's such an awful shock for you :(

Run free little darlings, look after mummy and let her know you are fine at the Bridge :love::love:

bluebunny
19-09-2009, 01:40 PM
I just keep thinking they must hate me for leaving them there:cry:

Jaysmonkey
19-09-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm so sorry. I wish there was something i could say to make it better. Big Hugs x do not blame yourself. They know you love them and that you always will, I'm sure.

Emm-Jane76
19-09-2009, 02:17 PM
I am so, so sorry and am thinking of you at this awful time x

jackiestone
19-09-2009, 02:19 PM
I am so sorry,how dreadful,thinking of you xxx so sorry

Lspacehopper
19-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Oh Marie, I'm so sorry :( x

Sky-O
19-09-2009, 02:20 PM
It sounds like you have gone through some really horrific things, but you didn't do anything to deserve it, neither did they. Sometimes there is no reason for things like that, it is just a horribly sad, tragic occurance. It's not a reflection on you even if it does feel like it.

donnamt
19-09-2009, 02:26 PM
oh sweetheart im so so sorry :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

sally1974
19-09-2009, 02:29 PM
I am so sorry Marie:cry::cry::cry:

Hoppit!
19-09-2009, 02:34 PM
I really can't think of anything to say. What a terrible thing to happen.

Rest in Peace Vinnie and Miffy.

MopsyMops =]
19-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Im so sorry, huge huge hugs for you x x x x

KarenM
19-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Oh gosh, how awful. I'm so sorry. :(:(

luluhound
19-09-2009, 02:47 PM
so sorry that is a terrible thing to have happened.:(

Becca
19-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Oh my God i am so sorry,reading this has made me feel sick to the stomach for you:cry::cry::cry:
So sorry Marie x

bluebunny
19-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Thank you everyone xx

unalakey
19-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Im so sorry:( Please dont blame yourself:( xxx

vick
19-09-2009, 02:52 PM
That's so tragic, I can't imagine how you must be feeling. I'm so sorry xxx

Doncat5
19-09-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm so sorry, what a horrible shock....no words can ease the pain right now but time will. Hugs to you. :cry:

Doddy
There are no words that I can say that will make you feel any better, or comfort you at his sad time, but know that we are all thinking of you. Your buns will be at the bridge, knowing you loved them.

Hugs to you xxx

raine
Poor bunnies. I am so sorry.

drboo
19-09-2009, 03:06 PM
I am so sorry xxx

Joob-joobs
19-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Oh no, what terrible news. *hugs* x

Charys
19-09-2009, 03:11 PM
How do you face someone after being trusted to look after their beloved pets and your own pets have so cruelly killed them. She'll have to live with that guilt and torture forever.

Time does make you more rational, despite never taking away the sadness. I have been at the other side from where you are now - the one looking after the pet. I was once entrusted with my Mum's tortoise whilst she was on holiday - it was in the garden in a wire pen - but one day, near the end of 3 weeks, the dog crashed down the wire (despite having never even shown an interest in the tortoise) carried it away and used it like a chew; killing it ! The only way you come to terms with it is by reminding yourself that animals are animals, they behave in ways that are not the same way that humans morally think things through. Maybe your friend had the dogs push past her, maybe she had a momentary lapse of concentration, maybe she was out and out careless.. one thing is for sure she would never have wanted this to happen and have to live with how she must be feeling now.

I am SO SO sorry for you, it is terribly sad that this tragic accident has happened. I hope very soon you feel less raw pain and also might be able to forgive her, as this is undoubtedly the worst nightmare of any person taking responsibility for another persons' pets.

Doncat5
19-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Sorry double post. :cry:

p_prod_uk
19-09-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :cry:

Nothing much I can say, other than that I'm thinking of you and sending you huge hugs hun xx

bluebunny
19-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Time does make you more rational, despite never taking away the sadness. I have been at the other side from where you are now - the one looking after the pet. I was once entrusted with my Mum's tortoise whilst she was on holiday - it was in the garden in a wire pen - but one day, near the end of 3 weeks, the dog crashed down the wire (despite having never even shown an interest in the tortoise) carried it away and used it like a chew; killing it ! The only way you come to terms with it is by reminding yourself that animals are animals, they behave in ways that are not the same way that humans morally think things through. Maybe your friend had the dogs push past her, maybe she had a momentary lapse of concentration, maybe she was out and out careless.. one thing is for sure she would never have wanted this to happen and have to live with how she must be feeling now.

I am SO SO sorry for you, it is terribly sad that this tragic accident has happened. I hope very soon you feel less raw pain and also might be able to forgive her, as this is undoubtedly the worst nightmare of any person taking responsibility for another persons' pets.

That wasnt my quote:? I dont think i have anything to forgive? i dont feel angry or blame anyone just upset i will never see my rabbits again

hurricanhoney
19-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Really sorry I cannot imagine how heartbroken you are :(

yvette
19-09-2009, 04:33 PM
That is devastating news.Im so dreadfully sorry for you.
Poor bunnies to have had such an awful thing happen to them.

BeatrixPotter
19-09-2009, 04:36 PM
What a shock for you. I'm so so sorry for your loss.

bluebunny
19-09-2009, 04:37 PM
I still cant belive it,its like im waiting for someone to say its all been a bad dream:cry: I dont think id feel any better if i saw them do you?

unalakey
19-09-2009, 04:40 PM
I still cant belive it,its like im waiting for someone to say its all been a bad dream:cry: I dont think id feel any better if i saw them do you?

I dont think you will feel better if you saw them, i think it would just upset you more :(

Sky-O
19-09-2009, 04:42 PM

I think your gut instinct about not seeing them is the thing to follow. Try not to over think it, just do whatever your gut instinct says is best for you (which seems to be to not see them).

bluebunny
19-09-2009, 04:45 PM
I think your gut instinct about not seeing them is the thing to follow. Try not to over think it, just do whatever your gut instinct says is best for you (which seems to be to not see them).

I dont like seeing things when there dead or picking them up:cry: but i think at least if i saw them i would know they had definatly gone if you know what i mean? but i just dont think i can bare it

Snowberry
19-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Oh god! Thats soooo terrible. I am so so sorry.

Jack's-Jane
19-09-2009, 04:53 PM

I dont think anything will make you feel better now, but personally I think I'd want to see them. I would only regret it at a later date if I didnt.

But that's just me and we are all very different. You can only do what feels right for you

xx

bluebunny
19-09-2009, 04:55 PM
I dont think anything will make you feel better now, but personally I think I'd want to see them. I would only regret it at a later date if I didnt.

But that's just me and we are all very different. You can only do what feels right for you

xx

Jane can i ask you why you would want to see them?

Charys
19-09-2009, 04:55 PM
That wasnt my quote I dont think i have anything to forgive? i dont feel angry or blame anyone just upset i will never see my rabbits again

NO, I know it wasn't. I wrote a rather mixed reply I guess. I was responding to Winnie's angel at the start where she was saying 'how do you forgive someone' and I guess I just presumed that you would feel blame towards her, as you said you didn't want to speak to her. I was trying to be helpful, by giving my experience and but I can understand you are very sensitive.

donnamt
19-09-2009, 04:56 PM

no i think you need to keep happy memories.. i made the mistake of seeing my dad after he died.. haunted me for years, it was nice to see all the tubes gone but one eye hadnt been closed properly *shudders*

im really heartbroke for you hun, i assume they didnt go into boarding because of vinnies tummy, its just not fair :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

sacol4940
19-09-2009, 04:59 PM
I agree with Jane, if it was me I'd go see them. I wouldnt WANT to, nobody WANTS to see they're animals like that, but I'd make myself go, cos I'd regret it in the long run too - not saying goodbye and giving them one last nose rub

Jack's-Jane
19-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Jane can i ask you why you would want to see them?

I dont really know :?
I didnt go to see my Mum in the Chapel of Rest and I bitterly regret that now :cry:

I think I would just feel a sort of 'responsibility' to see them. I cant really explain it and as I say, what's 'right' for me may not be 'right' for anyone else.
It is such a personal thing and no-one can make the decision for you.

Jack's-Jane
19-09-2009, 05:01 PM
I agree with Jane, if it was me I'd go see them. I wouldnt WANT to, nobody WANTS to see they're animals like that, but I'd make myself go, cos I'd regret it in the long run too - not saying goodbye and giving them one last nose rub

You managed to say what I was trying to

xx

bluebunny
19-09-2009, 05:06 PM
no i think you need to keep happy memories.. i made the mistake of seeing my dad after he died.. haunted me for years, it was nice to see all the tubes gone but one eye hadnt been closed properly *shudders*

im really heartbroke for you hun, i assume they didnt go into boarding because of vinnies tummy, its just not fair :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Yes because Vinnie had been a bit poorly i knew or thought i knew he would be better of with my friend,i never felt uneasy as she had Miffy for me last year after Claude had died,The only difference was she had Miffy in her bedroom last year but thought it would be nice for them outside this time:cry:

Becca
19-09-2009, 05:06 PM
I personally couldn,t do it:cry:
I would have them cremated and bring them home.
Like Jane says we are all different and it is what you want to do.

bluebunny
19-09-2009, 05:07 PM
I know what your saying but i dont think i can:cry:

bluebunny
19-09-2009, 05:09 PM
I personally couldn,t do it:cry:
I would have them cremated and bring them home.
Like Jane says we are all different and it is what you want to do.

My friend has offered to pay for them both to be cremated and me have the ashes back,She has wrote me a letter to say how sorry she is:cry:

Bunny Buddy
19-09-2009, 05:12 PM
I think I would just feel a sort of 'responsibility' to see them. I cant really explain it and as I say, what's 'right' for me may not be 'right' for anyone else.
It is such a personal thing and no-one can make the decision for you.

I've always said I wouldn't want to see a relative after they've gone but my cousin (a nurse) talked about the great comfort she got when her father died of combing his hair 'how it should be' and saying goodbye. I'm still unsure, may depend on circumstances, I think :?

When I lost Scrappy it was always my intention to bring her home and bury her but I was surprised at how I 'needed' to hold her and say sorry (for not being with her when she died, I think) . She didn't look relaxed and that tormented me for a while but we were so close that I just 'needed' to spend that time with her, I'm so glad I did.

Go with your gut instinct, do whatever feels right. At least they've been kept 'safe' for you to make all the decisions, that's so important right now. So sorry for your loss, what an awful event to have to deal with, all round.

Becca
19-09-2009, 05:13 PM
My friend has offered to pay for them both to be cremated and me have the ashes back,She has wrote me a letter to say how sorry she is:cry:
:cry::cry:She must feel terrible.

bluebunny
19-09-2009, 05:14 PM
I've always said I wouldn't want to see a relative after they've gone but my cousin (a nurse) talked about the great comfort she got when her father died of combing his hair 'how it should be' and saying goodbye. I'm still unsure, may depend on circumstances, I think :?

When I lost Scrappy it was always my intention to bring her home and bury her but I was surprised at how I 'needed' to hold her and say sorry (for not being with her when she died, I think) . She didn't look relaxed and that tormented me for a while but we were so close that I just 'needed' to spend that time with her, I'm so glad I did.

Go with your gut instinct, do whatever feels right. At least they've been kept 'safe' for you to make all the decisions, that's so important right now. So sorry for your loss, what an awful event to have to deal with, all round.

My friend kept them at the vets incase i wanted to see them,So yes your right im able to make that desion if nothing else:cry:

honeybunny
19-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Marie just read this..I'm so sorry:cry:
Such an awful accident you must feel dreadful
Time will ease the way you feel, lots of hugs coming your way xxxxxxx

Sky-O
19-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Don't force yourself to do anything you don't want to do, either way. It sounds like on one hand you want to see them because it will give you some closure, but on the other hand you don't want to see them because it will be distressing and upsetting for you.

What is right for someone else, will not necessarily be right for you.

My best mate is someone who will be with her buns to the very end, and after, and her hubby wants to remember the good times and not see them after death.

I went through a time where I couldn't bear to see anything dead or dying, because I was suffering a very painful grief for the heart bun I mentioned on this thread earlier. Now, I've moved forward and do stay with them and would see them after. So what was best for me was different at different times.

It's two different needs and wants, for one very hard situation.

Ultimately, only you can know what your gut instinct says to do, and whatever that is, that's the right thing, try not to let it get overridden by emotions. Trust yourself and your needs.

bluebunny
19-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Marie just read this..I'm so sorry:cry:
Such an awful accident you must feel dreadful
Time will ease the way you feel, lots of hugs coming your way xxxxxxx

Thanks Jill x ive felt terrible all day:cry:

Doddy
19-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Give yourself a bit of time. How you feel today about seeing them might not be how you feel tomorrow.
Everyone is different, as has already been said, but I think I would want to see them and give them one last cuddle and say goodbye.

If it was me, I would sleep on it, then go with my gut instinct.

I can feel your heartache, and send you a big hug xxx

XMissySJx
19-09-2009, 06:12 PM
I dont think seeing them will help you realise they are really gone, simply because when Peanut Butter died i couldnt accept it for weeks, i was in such denial and i couldnt believe it, but thats the shock and i think we all feel it when we lose our beloved pets, so i dont think you would find any closure or peace seeing them, i think it will only come with time.

I am just so heartbroken for you, I cannot imagine how you must feel. Im so sorry.

:(

xxx

halfpenny
19-09-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm very sorry this has happened, such a sad accident.
I hope you feel less pain with time, and can remember them without thinking about this.
As for seeing them, it is totally up to you.
I have gone and seen all my family members (animals included) who have passed away. In one way it was good to confirm they were gone and in another I found it hard to remember them before when they were happy- my dad in particular, I can't remember him before his illness, death and funeral.

parsnipbun
19-09-2009, 06:21 PM
I am so so sorry to hear what happened - I can onlu imagine how awful you feel.

On the question of your seeing them - I have always seen my buns when they have died away from me - (3 times - each at the vet) and it has given me enormous comfort to see them one last time, stroke them, and give each a small bunch of flowers and wrap them in a fluffy blanket before having them cremated.

In your circumstances I also feel it would help you to really reassure yourself that they did not suffer horribly - else you will always wonder.

I did not see my mother after she died and I regret that (i was not given the choice).

caerleon
19-09-2009, 06:21 PM
just seen this been at work. im so sorry sending hugsxx

bluebunny
19-09-2009, 06:28 PM
I am so so sorry to hear what happened - I can onlu imagine how awful you feel.

On the question of your seeing them - I have always seen my buns when they have died away from me - (3 times - each at the vet) and it has given me enormous comfort to see them one last time, stroke them, and give each a small bunch of flowers and wrap them in a fluffy blanket before having them cremated.

In your circumstances I also feel it would help you to really reassure yourself that they did not suffer horribly - else you will always wonder.

I did not see my mother after she died and I regret that (i was not given the choice).

I think if they had only died a few days ago i might see them but they died on mon they wont look like my rabbits now surely:cry:?

Sky-O
19-09-2009, 06:30 PM
I think if they had only died a few days ago i might see them but they died on mon they wont look like my rabbits now surely:cry:?

As tasteless as this sounds, could you call and ask? I would imagine them to still look like your buns. They will have been kept in a cool place and they may be more like your buns than within a day or so after death because rigor mortis should have left the body now I would think.

Its starting to sound like maybe you feel like you want to see them, but have some worries about that?

Lspacehopper
19-09-2009, 06:30 PM

You have to do what's right for you Marie, but I agree with what Sacol has said. I would HAVE to see them for my own peace of mind. xxx

mini lop1
19-09-2009, 06:32 PM
oh no :shock: :cry: im soo sorry to hear about this tragic accident marie, you must be devastated and nothing i can say would help :cry:

i remember when i went on holiday and my beloved mitzi died, mum phoned us on holiday, i was devastated, i asked for him to be buried alongside thumper in my nans garden, when we got back my nan went to see where he had been buried i didn't go up to area, as i couldn't believe he was gone, it was only when i arrived home and he was no longer there that i accepted he had gone :cry::cry:

do what is right for you, if you want to see them or not

hugs and thinking of you, i know how much you loved them both

love lisa

Jack's-Jane
19-09-2009, 06:34 PM

No, they wont. Thats because all you will really be seeing is their bodies not their little souls. Their souls are already with you, within your memories and within your heart.

But again, for me I would still want to see them. However they may look it would not detract from the love I feel for them and that love would enable me to not only remember my last sight of their bodies. I would remember all of their life.

But as I said earlier, we are all very different and only you know what feels right for you.

SarahP
19-09-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm really funny about dead bodies. I feel like once they are dead they just aren't my pets anymore (and with family members I just don't want to see them at all when they've gone). I prefer to remember them as they were, not always remember what they looked like once they'd died. I don't feel a responsibility to say goodbye, as I honestly don't feel they are 'there' anymore, if that makes sense. It's such an individual thing though - just go by your instinct.

Thinking of you. x

clutterydrawer
19-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Oh my, I'm so sorry...I know it doesn't bring them back but I am thinking of you x

Marreline
19-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Heart goes out to you xxxx

Snowberry
19-09-2009, 06:44 PM
I went to the vets to see Graham when he died under a GA as I just felt it was the right thing to do. It was horrible to see as I know it sounds stupid but they just look so different. However I didnt really think about it, I just knew I had to see him and give him one last cuddle.

antigone
19-09-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss :cry:

Maizey
19-09-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm so sorry Marie,what a devastating thing to happen.You must do what you feel rite.Your beautiful bunnies souls will have left them now and if you see them it will be the last image you have of them.I really wish that I could come and give you a great big hug

donnamt
19-09-2009, 07:02 PM
my cat was hard and looked like one of them horrible stuffed animals. he only died that same day in an operation, again just like my dad i wished i had not seen him dead but my mom and brother wanted him bought home to be buried.

i personally dont think there are any benefits seeing a dead shell of a loved one (but i dont beleived in having graves neither tho :oops:).. ive done it twice now (dad & cat) and i think i have regretted both times, my dad told me not to see my nan when she died and i didnt because he said its not an easy sight to get over.. not one regret on that choice.. i said goodbye at the funeral and that was plenty enough for me.

honestly hunny youve had a major shock and shouldnt rush into a decicion before you are ready.. if you need to see your babies to say goodbye then its a very good idea that you do it, but if the thought of seeing them makes you uneasy or you feel guilty by not seeing them do not force yourself to do something you are not ready for. sending loads and loads of hugs, i cant stop thinking about how awful this is for you :cry:

Bunnyaddict
19-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Oh Marie, I am so, so sorry to hear this. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. Thinking of you at this difficult time & sending you hugs to cope with losing your babies as best you can xxxx

Jaysmonkey
19-09-2009, 07:25 PM
It's up to you at the end of the day. Every single animal I have ever lost I have had to see, I have no regrets, It is upsetting but I got to say goodbye, even if they couldn't hear me. It helped me.

Once again I'm so sorry, I wish there was something I could do to help ease your pain. :( x

andic
19-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Marie I'm sorry very sorry to hear this.
sending <<<<<<hugs>>>> to you.
xxx

Becky86
19-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry :cry::cry: Big hugs for you hun xxxx

shell1805
19-09-2009, 08:01 PM
:cry: i dont know what to say, i cant imagine what you are going through. i am so so sorry. big hugs hun xx

sidereus7
19-09-2009, 08:04 PM
I am so terribly sorry. :cry: What an awful thing to have happened.

I really don't know what else to say. I will be thinking of you today. :cry:

bluebunny
19-09-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm so sorry Marie,what a devastating thing to happen.You must do what you feel rite.Your beautiful bunnies souls will have left them now and if you see them it will be the last image you have of them.I really wish that I could come and give you a great big hug

Thank you x The hard thing is i have told people on here but i cant actually talk about it ive not said anything to anyone since my mum told me yesterday:cry: only on here and facebook,not face to face

bunny babe
19-09-2009, 08:30 PM
OMG, I am so sorry. I remember you getting Vinnie. Thinking of you at this very difficult time. Take care.

bluebunny
19-09-2009, 08:35 PM
One of my other friends sent me a message saying she would come and see me tommo,But ive asked her not too,i feel horrible saying that but i just cant face seeing anyone:cry:

donnamt
19-09-2009, 08:42 PM
dont feel horrible hun, your friend will understand that you just want to lock yourself away for a little while, but a real hug might be just what you need in a few days when you are ready to face people again xxx

Jack's-Jane
19-09-2009, 08:51 PM
One of my other friends sent me a message saying she would come and see me tommo,But ive asked her not too,i feel horrible saying that but i just cant face seeing anyone:

I am certain I would be exactly the same. I cannot cope with being near people when I am badly distressed. I am sure your friend will understand.

bluebunny
19-09-2009, 08:52 PM
I am certain I would be exactly the same. I cannot cope with being near people when I am badly distressed. I am sure your friend will understand.

I feel terrible for my mum too she was crying when she told me but i wouldnt even hug her or talk to her:cry:

Jack's-Jane
19-09-2009, 08:59 PM
I feel terrible for my mum too she was crying when she told me but i wouldnt even hug her or talk to her:cry:

I used to be like that with my Mum too :cry:
Try not to feel bad about reacting in the way you do. We all are as we are.

xx

antigone
19-09-2009, 09:05 PM

I'm sure your mum understands and forgives you. I was like this with my mum too. I'm sure she has forgiven me. :cry:

chloaster
19-09-2009, 09:27 PM
I am so so sorry for your loss. I also feel for your friend; she must be devastated too. I lost a bun I was looking after for a friend and whilst the circumstances were different, he didn't make it through a bout of stasis, I was absolutely devastated and it meant the world to me talking to her and getting it all out in the open. Like people have said already everyone is different but from the opposite side of the coin, although you are hurting, you can still bring comfort to others.

Big hugs.xxx

loopylop
19-09-2009, 09:31 PM
I've just seen this Marie, I am so sorry :cry: :cry:

I am thinking about you- although I know that isn't much comfort right now :( I don't know what else to say :cry:

Michelleox
19-09-2009, 09:53 PM
I really feel for you, i'm so sorry. Lots of hugs

Biscuit Bunny
19-09-2009, 09:57 PM
I am so sorry :cry: I don't know what to say, thinking of you xxx

capel
19-09-2009, 10:23 PM
What a terrible thing to have happened. When it comes to reactions to horrible events there's no right or wrong, as everybody has different ways of coping. So just go with the flow and do whatever gives you a bit of comfort.
Thinking of you.

Victoria39
19-09-2009, 10:42 PM
I'm so sorry, I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling right now.

A few months back the vet lost Percy and Herbie under GA. I visited them later that day to say "goodbye" and gave them noserubs and cuddles. The thought never crossed my mind that I wouldn't see their cheeky faces again the morning I dropped them off. I needed closure and I longed to see them one last time.

Danielle84
19-09-2009, 11:00 PM
I am so sorry hun...big hugs xx

Tuckerbunnies
19-09-2009, 11:03 PM
OMG how absolutely heartbreaking for you, and what very sad news to hear on your Birthday, I really feel for you and I'm so so sorry for your loss :cry:

willow the wisp
19-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Im so desperately sorry for you and your poor buns. x

lilbun
19-09-2009, 11:26 PM
This is such a terrible thing to happen. I am crying buckets of tears for you.
Be assured your lovely bunnies knew you loved them, and they don't blame you for what happened xx

Julia123
19-09-2009, 11:30 PM
I'm so sorry :cry::cry::cry::cry:

melly
19-09-2009, 11:31 PM
i am so sorry i have cried while readind all this, i am sendin you big hugs :cry::cry:

lilylover
19-09-2009, 11:41 PM
Sending you big hugs. I'm so sorry.

Rachie
20-09-2009, 12:05 AM
I'm so so sorry! I can't imagine what you're going through, I'm sat in tears just from reading. Thinking about you
xxx

*Bex*
20-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Gosh, im so sorry :cry: how awful :cry:
Massive big hugs for you x

keepingmesane
20-09-2009, 12:23 AM
im so sorry:cry: :cry:

thinking of you xxxxx

Sam_Spice
20-09-2009, 04:27 AM
I am so sorry I can't even imagine how you are feeling :cry::cry: Binky free loved ones xxx

Jack's-Jane
20-09-2009, 06:45 AM
Thinking of you this morning Marie, as you wake up to the awful reality :cry:

Please remember that we are all here to support you and every one of us understands exactly how totally devastated you must feel

:cry: :cry:

Maizey
20-09-2009, 07:39 AM
I have been thinking of you all night Marie.I can understand how you cant see anyone or talk about it.This has been a terrible shock and you have got to go through the process of trying to get your head around what happened then grieving and all the emotions that come with it.I'm sorry that I'm not the best with putting things into words.You have lost two of your precious babies and its going to take a long time to heal.The people on RU are so kind and supportive,I just hope that you can get some comfort by coming on here.Big hugs to you sweet heart xxxxx

tigerangel
20-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry to read this today (I was in London all day yesterday so I didn't see this until now) and I've read through all these posts crying my eyes out for you :cry: I do not know what to say, this is my worst nightmare coming home from anywhere, even just a weekend away up north, to devastating news such as this.

As for seeing them, as others have said, it's just up to you what you feel is right. I saw Sassy and Lily after they had passed away and it helped with closure, but Luna I did not get to see as she passed away out of hours and was collected from the vets by the crematorium service, all I got back was a bag of ashes that I feel no real connection to as it still didn't feel real. I guess that I have missed the 'closure' of seeing for myself that she had gone. As hard as it would have been at the time, I wish I had seen her and I regret not doing so because of the state of limbo afterwards. But that is me, and I wasn't thinking clearly at the time. If you already know that you don't like seeing living things after they have passed then you should go with that instinct. Though I don't know how much they will look like your bunnies now, I do know that they should have been stored in a freezer so they will not look 'bad' when you see them, if that makes sense? :?

bluebunny
20-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Thinking of you this morning Marie, as you wake up to the awful reality :cry:

Please remember that we are all here to support you and every one of us understands exactly how totally devastated you must feel

:cry: :cry:

Thanks Jane x The piggies live in the bedroom where Miffy and Vinnie lived it seems so strange there are no little bunny faces as i look through the door:cry: This is the most terrible thing that has ever happened to me:cry:

bluebunny
20-09-2009, 10:22 AM
I have been thinking of you all night Marie.I can understand how you cant see anyone or talk about it.This has been a terrible shock and you have got to go through the process of trying to get your head around what happened then grieving and all the emotions that come with it.I'm sorry that I'm not the best with putting things into words.You have lost two of your precious babies and its going to take a long time to heal.The people on RU are so kind and supportive,I just hope that you can get some comfort by coming on here.Big hugs to you sweet heart xxxxx

Its been nice to realise so many people care,i came on here because i had to tell someone how i was feeling utterly devestated:cry:

LoopyLouie
20-09-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm so so sorry this has happened to you :cry: I hope in time you will feel better and remember them happily but you are doing the right thing in giving yourself plenty of time to grieve.

With regards your decision to see them, I can only say go with your heart. If you feel you would regret it either way then you must do what your heart tells you.

Big Hugs x x x x

poppymoon
20-09-2009, 10:50 AM
i've only just seen this - i am so so sorry:cry: x

Daisylop
20-09-2009, 10:52 AM
I've only just read this as I was at work yesterday,I'm so sorry, sending you lots of hugs xxx

Oompa-Loompa
20-09-2009, 11:50 AM
OMG NO :cry: I don't even know what to say :cry: What a terrible terrible thing to happen,I can't even imagine....I'm so sorry :cry:

bunbuns
20-09-2009, 03:37 PM
I can't begin to imagine how you must feel :cry::cry::cry:

I'm so sorry xxxx

ShivyRex
20-09-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. Massive hugs to you. At least they are still together at the bridge with Claude :)

Jazzy B Bunny
20-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Oh my gosh :cry::cry: I'm so so sorry :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Jemma&Theo
20-09-2009, 04:35 PM
really sorry to hear of your loss. I would have such a hard time forgiving my friend if i was in your position.

hopefully they didnt suffer.

my thoughts are with you

Peggy & Oscars' mum
20-09-2009, 05:29 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss **HUGS**

karen354
20-09-2009, 05:31 PM
:cry: Oh no how awful :cry: I'm so so sorry.

Lauralou
20-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Thinking of you xx

happybun
20-09-2009, 05:56 PM
i am so sorry.

ShazzaBunny
20-09-2009, 06:02 PM
I am thinking of you during this awful time :(

Give yourself time and allow yourself to grieve, remember there is no right or wrong whilst grieiving, just do what your body tells you.

bluebunny
20-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Thanks x

Estelle
20-09-2009, 07:42 PM
so sorry Marie, how awful for you. Hugs x :cry:

bluebunny
20-09-2009, 07:59 PM
so sorry Marie, how awful for you. Hugs x :cry:

Thank you Estelle xx

Jayney
20-09-2009, 08:42 PM
I am so so sorry for youx :cry:

gill shirlaw
20-09-2009, 11:24 PM
how awful for you i as others have said cant begin to imagine how you must be feeling other than i lost my wee precious abby a week ago and know how that felt i was totally devastated ans she died of natural causes but i felt such an empty hole.

thinking of you at this terrible time and sending major hugs:love:
gill
xx

sasha_108
21-09-2009, 12:59 AM
OMG! Have just seen this having seen your Facebook status. So sorry Marie, it must be terrible to lose them both in such a tragic accident. I hope you start to feel a little better soon :(
My rabbit Barney died at my mums house 8 years ago now whilst I was in the maldives and as I was away for 2 weeks, my mum buried him in my garden. Zeta my next bunny dies the following year, also at my mums house whilst I was in Cornwall. She asked if I wanted to see her and I didn't, don't regret it either. If I could have been there the same day I would, but not a week later, it didn't seem right somehow.
I now hate leaving my 2 at my mums, not because she doesn't look after them, but just because of what happened in the past.
You have to go with your heart on if you want to see them. When my dad died me and my brother found him in bed. I can still remember exactly what he looked like even though it was almost 10 years ago. It wasn't a bad sight in a way as he looked peaceful being in bed etc but when asked to see him a week later at the funeral home, I didn't go. I don't regret it as I remember him how he was and on the day he died. My brother went though and later said he wished he didn't as that is the image he will always remember, and it didn't look like him anymore, it was just a body.

Hope that helps a bit.

Take care
Clare x

SunshineandTwinkle
21-09-2009, 01:13 AM
I'm so sorry Marie, that is just tragic. I think I wouldn't see them, its been a while now hasn't it? We lost a guinea on Thursday down to old age while our eldest was at school, we put her in the box and in the outside hutch which isn't being used so Emily could see her when she came home and we buried her the next day as my partner works 2-11 weekdays.

But poor Bupu didn't look herself even the day after, I have that image now rather than remembering her whizzing about the run, even though she was an OAP she couldn't half go!!!

Think carefully and do what is right for you.

Hugs,

Louise
xxx

bluebunny
21-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Thank you so much everyone x I really dont know what id do without you all,All your messages have helped me so much,I decied i didnt want to see them they are both going to be cremated together and i will have there ashes back

Rykat
21-09-2009, 11:52 AM
OMG, have just seen this, I am SO sorry hun.

There is nothing I can say to make it better for you, but I'm thinking of you x

Only time will make it easier x

maxxev
21-09-2009, 01:38 PM
im so sorry.
nearly 4 years ago i lost my dutch Scrumples, my magpie cross Peggy and my conti Leela after my mum disposed of a christmas wreath in the garden that had laurel in it (typicaly all the other greenery had gone in the green bin where they couldn't have got it) i know that she never would have intentionly done it but i blamed her and hated her for months afterwards.
losing all 3 so suddenly nearly broke me.
there is no easy way to get through it.
but you will.
i wish you strength. my thoughts and sympathy are with you.

Bunshine
21-09-2009, 08:39 PM
I have just seen this, and can barely begin to comprehend how devastated you must be:cry:

Even if it's upsetting to think about everything that happened at the very least they had each other and always will have. I'm sure they are flopped out together at rainbow bridge.xx

the bunny girl
21-09-2009, 11:06 PM
OMG what a shock . How are you feeling now ? x

nursecroft
22-09-2009, 07:24 AM
Oh christ ive just seen this, oh you poor thing thats just horrendous :cry: Im so so sorry for you, big hugs xxxx

Char-x
22-09-2009, 12:20 PM
I've just seen this. I can't put into words or even comprehend how you must feel right now. I'm welling up just thinking about it. I really can't imagine.

Sending you massive ((((((((HUGS))))))))!

RIP binky free :cry:

Suzi Wong
24-09-2009, 08:24 PM
:cry:Marie:cry:
I haven't been on for ages so have only just seen this:cry:
I'm so truly sorry for you, and your bunns,
will be thinking about you
Take care
Sue.x.

bluebunny
24-09-2009, 08:39 PM
:cry:Marie:cry:
I haven't been on for ages so have only just seen this:cry:
I'm so truly sorry for you, and your bunns,
will be thinking about you
Take care
Sue.x.

Thank you xx You helped so much when i lost Claude x

Hugo's There
24-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Haven't been on for a while so have only just seen this too.

I don't know what to say, I am completely devastated and upset for you. I think it one of the most tragic things I have ever read on here and my heart really goes out to you xxx

bluebunny
24-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Haven't been on for a while so have only just seen this too.

I don't know what to say, I am completely devastated and upset for you. I think it one of the most tragic things I have ever read on here and my heart really goes out to you xxx

Thanks xx

willowholly
24-09-2009, 09:19 PM
OMG,that is awful.Any pet owners worst nightmare.I am so so sorry.:cry:Cant imagine what you are going through.

RubyTed
24-09-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm really sorry for your loss! I'm thinking of you!

GBNI
24-09-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm so sorry :(

oscarbunny
25-09-2009, 08:50 PM
I am so sorry. I have only just seen this. I don't know what I can say to take away your pain. So... so sorry. xx