• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tragic news :(

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
I got back last night from a lovely holiday in whitby,We came back last night instead of this morning because i wanted to spend the whole day at home today as its my birthday, Id left Vinnie and Miffy with a friend all the others went into boarding.i texted every other day to ask how they were I had this niggling feeling something wasnt right but i tried to enjoy my holiday,My mum rang me on the way home and said she wanted to come round when we got back,as she wouldnt have time today,i just thought it was to give me my presents,But when i answered the door i knew something was wrong,She was white,She told me to sit down she then went on to tell me that something had happened to Miffy and Vinnie:cry: I started screaming,My friend who was looking after them had them in a dog kennel run,Her dogs had got in and you can guess the rest:cry:,Im devestated:cry: cant stop crying, cant eat or sleep,how or why has this happened,My friend rang my mum on mon when this happened my mum says she is in bits but i cant talk to her right now,I keep having all these horrible thoughts about what happened,my mum says the dogs hadnt marked them so it must of been shock,i just cant helped thinking how scared they must of been,My poor babies:cry: I still have all my cards and presents here unopened i dont care about my birthday i just want my babies back:cry:

OH NO!!!!!!!
This is just absolutely devastating, what a dreadful thing to happen.
I cant imagine how you feel, but my thoughts are with you right now, biggest hugs ever from me. xx

Oh Marie how absolutely awful, you must be totally devastated :( Big hugs to you xxx

Oh my god, thats terrible!

My thoughts are with you at this dredful time :(

*hugs*

(although I know this will mean nothing... happy birthday)

Oh my god, i am so sorry, i dont know what to say, i have tears brimming in my eyes because i just cant even comprehend how you feel :(:(:(:(

Sending you a massive hug. You poor thing :(

I dont know what im going to do:cry: Its bad enough a pet dying or being pts but for this to happen i had no control over it and now my poor bunnies are dead poor Miffy id had her since she was 8 weeks old i picked her at 4 weeks she had never been ill,Id only had Vinnie a year but i loved him just as much,i just hoped id get up today and things would be better but there not,im going to miss them so much:cry:

my thoughts are with you sending love to you and of course our love and healing goes to your buns who are now running free.

This is just a reminder of how accidents can happen so unexpected, I keep telling my other half off because he'll pop around his mums with our rabbits and they have a staffie, I kick off saying what if? He says what if wont ever happen! But this just shows what if does happen!
Your poor friend must be sooo devastated also (i Understand how you wont want to speak to her at mo) but remember shes obv witnessed this and hasnt been able to stop them she must feel terrible. How do you face someone after being trusted to look after their beloved pets and your own pets have so cruelly killed them. She'll have to live with that guilt and torture forever.
Send your love to your buns and let them know your forever thinking of them but they are safe now and nothing will ever hurt them again. Say your sorry for not being able to help them, as I know that you will be feeling that its our own fault. Please dont blame yourself your buns know that you love them very much and would never have let them get hurt deliberately. Take in that your mum said they wouldnt hav esuffered as they would have died from shock or if they play dead they lower the heart rate sooo much that it will stop if they dont manage to get free. So they wouldnt have suffered! Little comfort in this terrible time I know.xxx

OMG I'm so very sorry, how heartbreaking. It makes the holiday, your birthday, mean nothing.

I'm at my mums at the moment, and every time someone opens the front door I go running to make sure Beau ccan't get out, I'm petrified someone will forget and he'll get out, I'm permanently on edge, for exactly this reason - accidents do happen. Your friend must be devastated too, and feel so guilty, but I'm sure she understands why you can't speak to her right now.

I'm so so sorry.

It will take time to come to terms and deal with this, so don't expect too much of yourself when it comes to feeling better.

The day before my birthday in 2005 my heart bunny died due to a 'cat incident', and it is so, so hard because people still expect you to enjoy your birthday, when actually, you don't care about that, just what has happened.

Please know my PM box is open if you want a chat/vent or anything.

Binky Free Vinnie and Miffy.

x

OMG that is just horrendous I am so desperately sorry to hear your tragic news :cry::cry: and we were just working on getting Vinnie through his stasis weren't we :cry::cry: I can't even comprehend how devastated you must feel - what a horrible horrible shock for you and such an awful thing to happen.
If your mum says they were physically unharmed then can I just reassure you that sudden shock is usually a very quick heart attack and it is likely that they would not have suffered as adrenaline release tends to cancel out any pain or sensations. I hope that helps you to clear such guilt and pain from your mental images. I'm am so truely sorry for your loss :cry::cry:

Back