• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My vets are getting so expensive :(

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
Charlie's jabs are due and they're £20 each, I'm sure that last time I went they were a fair few quid cheaper than 20!

i've just forked out £41 for a Myxi for Amber and a VHD for Ollie this morning:shock: Ungrateful little darlings are just sat there glaring at me now:lol:

I hate to say it but I think that's about normal :? There is a fair amount of variation but while there will always be some practices who are expensive for everything, most will just be using a different pricing structure for different things.

I use Companion Care in Chelmsford and Lou used to use the Romford branch - the consultations are cheaper at Chelmsford but drugs more expensive, and vice-versa at Romford. It's mainly swings and roundabouts :)

I knew a few were that price, it's just I'm sure they were only about £15 each before

Yeah there's hundreds of threads on here with people saying how much they pay, and it does vary from about £12 to about £30 or so!

I'm afraid price rises are a fact of life...if prices go up for vets then they still have to pay all the bills and pay all the staff so they have to pass it on somehow. It doesn't even have to be a price hike on that particular item, it could be electric bills, need to buy a new piece of equipment, rising interest rates meaning loan payments rise etc.

If you find another practice locally that still does them for £15, they may be brilliant, or they may be hopeless, or they may charge £5 more for a consultation or £30 more for a dental.

Mine did that last year. :/ I went in assuming they'd be around fifteen quid each, and it turns out there closer to twenty quid per jab, per bunny now.

theres a vet near me that charges £13 and i always took mine there for their jabs and spring lodge for anything else, spring lodge knew about it and said it was fine, but once i took pebbles to this cheaper vet and the nurse was so rude and was extremly rough with her, where as spring lodge they are always gentle so now i pay the £19 at spring lodge as its better!

alot more expensive seeing as i have three to do!

my vets have put there prices up apparently its a forced thing in that they have to be similar priced to al lthe vets locally :S so now from £22 for both vhd and myxi to 46 pounds for both...ouch... and thats with the buy them together discount!!! may use mums vets when im visitn glos for jabs now as slightly cheaper. x

Ours is about £20 - one is slightly less and one is slightly more.

I have four rabbits to do. :shock: And Smudge needs neutering soon. :shock:

I wonder how much it costs the vets to buy in? Our vet in Solihull only charges about £15 for a myxi and round here that is cheap! The vets charging £20+ must be making a fortune!! That includes the "free" once over too ....

There's a vet in the same town their fees are waaaaay high, £97 for a spay:shock: and the jabs were £30 each with a free check up :roll:
the vet nurse at my vets has set her own shop up so I get my goodies from her and she's recently passed her exam and got her licence to sell meds etc ...so that will be handy! :D

My vets are really expensive. I paid £43 for a myxi and VHD vac. That was with the discount for buying them both together. Both my rabbits need their myxi jabs. Im going to ring the vets to find out how much they are charging now.

my vet charges the public £29.95 per jab..it includes a health check

Wow thats expensive!

My vets charge £15 per jab and you get a free health and teeth check.

In fact my vet has been naughty before and put my consulation down on the system as a jab instead as its half the price!

Back