• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stockman's friend plastic mesh floors?

I would still go for the tray because that way you can pull it out more easily for cleaning. Particularly in summer when you tend to clean more often cos of the flies. You waste a lot of bedding if you have to clean out the whole lot where as you can just empty a tray regularly and do the rest a little less often. I think you'd probably fine if you just did the corner and not the whole lot the rabbit would just pick it out the way too :)

I was thinking of raising the mesh off the hutch floor a bit, so I could still have room for a litter tray under it :)

It does say they cut to size so maybe use a normal cats litter tray and fit that over the top.

Although unless you have an angora (which I'm guessing not if you use shavings) then a litter tray with a layer of paper based cat litter with a handful of hay over the top would work just as effectively.

Tamsin

Ive seen soo many buns with sore hocks and front feet from being on wire or mesh then when there soild flooring with bedding. IMO I would never use it and wouldnt recommand it at all.

I wouldn't of thought a cashmere would get sore feet on it :shock:
Harley and Jez are very active, and have short fur so I think it's best not to use it.

Back