• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay Bales...

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
How big is an average hay bale from farm etc? I get mine at the moment from Morissons as the buns go mad for it, but am thinking about starting to get bales but not sure where I could keep them so needing to know rough sizes!

Cheers :D

All I know is that it fits snugly into the boot of a Renault Scenic. :lol::lol:

All I know is that it fits snugly into the boot of a Renault Scenic. :lol::lol:

had to fold the back seats down in my golf (must remember to hoover the hay up next time i take me mum out and she has to sit in the back:lol:)

(must remember to hoover the hay up next time i take me mum out and she has to sit in the back:lol:)

Nah, hay all over yer bum is the new look. ;) :lol::lol: I pop my bale inside an old duvet before it goes in the car - saves hoovering lol.

i get the bale from the dust free hay company....fits two huge plastic boxes on wheels and a bin liner half full for me mums bun..for now..she always gets more later:lol:

im 5ft 6..or was..nearer 5ft 4! anyho this bale comes up to my chest..upper chest..and is as wide as the length of a pet store hay bale bag...

i need dust free as poss as mine are house buns..and i get hayfever:lol:

where do you get your bales from??? do they last? I thought if you bought in bulk like that it doesn't sat fresh?:?

where do you get your bales from??? do they last? I thought if you bought in bulk like that it doesn't sat fresh?:?

I get mine from a local farm shop - lots of horse feed suppliers sell them too. ;) Hay is already dried so there's not really a 'shelf life' as long as it's kept dry. :) A bale lasts around a month for my two, but I tend to pile loads in because it's so cheap.

Oh thanks...my local feed store sell for horses I never thought of asking about hay in bales :oops:..will check when I next go

Back