• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

house rabbit beds

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
for those of you with free range house buns, where do they sleep? eric snoozes under the table or when he's really chilled, he flops out on the rug. just wondering whether buying a bed would be a waste of money?:?

Either on their blankets or behind/under the sofa. I got them a couple of beds..but they didn't last long enough (chewed to pieces) to justify replacing them! They prefered the blankets anyway! It was waste for me but might not be for you :)

Mine have one of these which they ignore/hop over and they have one like this but its square - they give this one more attention and spend more time in it but they tend to sleep on the floor which is where they seem happy enough :D

for those of you with free range house buns, where do they sleep? eric snoozes under the table or when he's really chilled, he flops out on the rug. just wondering whether buying a bed would be a waste of money?:?

I know one of Raven's belgian hares loves her little bed :lol: It was very cute watching her jump over the hudles into it :love:

Lola and Lucy under the coffee table - they love it. No bedding - they wont have none of that - just the carpet and the coffee table legs to munch on when they get hungry.

Paddy and Bobble only sleep under the coffee table or by the door so they can see when you're leaving/coming in! :lol: I bought them a little bed and so far they have used it as a toilet. Also put down a blanket and they scrunched it up and moved it out of the way so they could sleep on the carpet!

I got my three a plastic small dog bed and put towels in it but they seem very disinterested with it so I took it out, they still have a towel but they seem to like lying on the lino.

Milo sleeps on his granite slab, but he spends a lot of his time under my kitchen table or under my papasan chair. The chair has a tendency to fall over if you shift the wrong way, so if he's under it, I won't sit in it. :oops:

I got him a bed to sleep in, and all he did was pee in it! :lol:

I bought Alfie a cat bed with a lovelt fleecy blanket and the first thing he did was pee in it, then he totally ignored it. His favourite place to sleep is behind my chair in the lounge .... on the carpet! Go figure. :roll:

Kermit slept under the coffee table, was his fav place, but he also liked his cushion, until he started getting over amourous with it and i took it away, although he used to sleep mostly hanging out of that!!!!
kermit08.jpg

P1011876-1.jpg

My new bunnies sleep under the sofabed or in the crate on the carpet x

Last edited:
Fluffy loves his bed... its his fave spot but he is a bit of a grandad bunny, its like his armchair- perfect for a snooze. Will try and find a pic xx

nala loves her over sized dog bed she has a dog bed under my bed which is for a rotty or some huge dog and shes always on it she does bite it so i replace the cover from time to time but she adores it.

covers only cost £5-£10 from markets not always the nicest of colours but she does not care hahaha

102_0980.jpg

Theres 3 beds in this pic... the big box which I lined with towel and has a jumper in it.... there his magners box with hay in it and the red box which is a little box lined with fleece on both sides with a lovely soft floor....

Just cut him a hole in another cardboard box and filled it with hay and a hay cookie and its snuggly and dark in there :D

Red box...

100_0971.jpg

He also has this 'snuggles' bed that he sleeps in at bed time....

IMG00104-20090721-1643.jpg

And his sofa...

100_0925.jpg

And me!!

100_0977.jpg

Back