• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutering U/D don't think they are there yet

*lily*

Wise Old Thumper
Louie is nearly 15 weeks old so I just phoned the vets to book him in for his neuter.

They said they don't neuter til 6 months, I thought it was 16 weeks for a male?

Last edited:
If you can put him on his back, you will be able to see if he has balls or not.. When we saw Peter's balls we booked him in for the snip :shock: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: another job for the "to do" list then!

Can they be done at 16 wks if the balls are visible? If so, I will try another vets!

I'm getting the 3 foster boys (see signature :love:) as soon as they drop to prevent them mating with their sister Winter.
They are 12 weeks now and next week they should be off to the vets!

:lol::lol::lol: another job for the "to do" list then!

Can they be done at 16 wks if the balls are visible? If so, I will try another vets!

Boy rabbits can be neutered more or less when there plums are visble! I know this is the policy at my vets anyway, though I know some vets do prefer to wait to its basically checking the policys of any vets you use regarding neutering etc
Girls is 6 month :)

Hmmm not sure why my vets wont do them til 6 months then :?

Louie NEEDS a friend!

Some vets have different policys. I know another local vets refuses to do any neutering on buns till they hit 6 month! So its worth checking it out if your first fishing about for vets. Ive found its vets who dont see alot of rabbits who usally make you wait till 6 months for boys!
I know my vets most certainly wont do girls till 6 months!

Hmmm not sure why my vets wont do them til 6 months then :?

Louie NEEDS a friend!

I can not remember how old peter was but it was funny, as the first tiny bit of his balls that we could see and he was down the vets lol the vet said he is only just old enough to be done :lol:

I have always been to the same vets with the rabbits and they have always been good with them.

I just wanted to get him neutered asap so I can find him a friend :D

No I'm saving the rumage for this evenings entertainment :D

They just wont do him til 6 months.

No I'm saving the rumage for this evenings entertainment :D

They just wont do him til 6 months.

Might be worth looking around for another rabbit savvy vets?
one of the vets at my practice was insistent on sexing phoebe everytime he was there - till i pointed out if she read his file she would see they actually neutered him for me (though I think the name is a bit confusing, as hes a boy :lol:)
Personally im glad I got my phoebe done earlier than 6 month because he was so naughty!

Might be worth looking around for another rabbit savvy vets?
one of the vets at my practice was insistent on sexing phoebe everytime he was there - till i pointed out if she read his file she would see they actually neutered him for me (though I think the name is a bit confusing, as hes a boy :lol:)
Personally im glad I got my phoebe done earlier than 6 month because he was so naughty!

Yes i agree, they start spraying for a start :mrgreen: and don't get me started on the humping :shock:

ask around a few vets. mine said about 5 months - so long as they've 'dropped':oops: i was told tho, some breeds are a bit slower in dropping 'em but i seem to recall that was bigger buns.

he needs a friend:D try esme - she's sooo gorgeous but way too hyper and busy for dopey eric:roll:

My vets do it at 16 weeks, I know cos I phoned up this afternoon to ask! :lol:

I know it's unlikely but your vet's receptionist isn't getting confused with spaying is she/he?

My vets do it at 16 weeks, I know cos I phoned up this afternoon to ask! :lol:

I know it's unlikely but your vet's receptionist isn't getting confused with spaying is she/he?

nope alot of vets will do it that early for boys aslong as plums are showing! :D as I say I tend to find its the vets who dont see alot of rabbits who insist you wait till bun is 6 month

Back