PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit names

Sky-O
18-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Do you come across many buns who share the same name as yours?

Some of mine seem to have pretty common names (Sky, Star, Summer, Hope, Angel), but some seem to be pretty unique-although I'm up for that to be disputed, lol (Dusk, Candyfloss, Lightning). And I was VERY impressed recently when I came across another Boofa.

Kermit
18-09-2009, 01:56 PM
My Kermits name was unique!
But i think there are quite a few Herbies and Inca probably isnt that uncommon either.

PrincessPinky
18-09-2009, 01:56 PM
My bunnies have probably the most common names :lol:

Flopsy and Peter :roll: :lol:

halfpenny
18-09-2009, 01:57 PM
we have mainly very common names, but I think Runt, Oddeye (although I know of an Oddball, locally) and possibly Xena may be unique.

TeflonsShadow
18-09-2009, 01:58 PM
I havent met another Rimmi!!

I have met a Tabitha but not Tipsy or Tessy :D

*Spider*
18-09-2009, 02:01 PM
I've never heard or even seen another animal called Ghostie :)
I love her name for that reason though, even if it is a rather silly name :lol:

The Foster Bunnies' names are quite common although I've never heard of another Winter :love:

tigerangel
18-09-2009, 02:07 PM
I've not heard of another Sora rabbit :wave::love: Not too many Luna's or Sassy's either.

I have heard plenty of Lily's and Smudge's, but I have yet to meet another rabbit called Smudge who does not actually have a smudge or any markings whatsoever :lol:

Loosy
18-09-2009, 02:11 PM
I think I saw someone post on here about their rabbit Widget once. I was surprised about that because I thought it was quite unique but maybe not :lol:
I've met another rabbit at the vets before called Pipkin so that's not unique at all. Neither is Ruby, really...
So yeah all my bunnies have/have had pretty unoriginal names.

One of my cats is called Napoleon though. Never come across that before (I didn't name him though).

melly
18-09-2009, 02:13 PM
ive not seen another sherbert,lollipop or bubbles but my other 3 are quite comon names, flopsy,clover and honey :D

<3 chester
18-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Don't think many people have a rabbit called Princess Powderpuff! :love:

LMc
18-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Benjamin is definately not a unique name!
Think Pippin is quite common too, definately seen another rabbit on here called the same.
My OH's nicknames of them may be more original Jim-Jim and Fat Boy (or is that last one more mean than original?:lol:)

Phoebesmummy9
18-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Never heard of another bunny called Fletcher or Ava! I think Ella,Phoebe and Holli are pretty common names though

TeflonsShadow
18-09-2009, 02:21 PM
I think I saw someone post on here about their rabbit Widget once. I was surprised about that because I thought it was quite unique but maybe not :lol:
I've met another rabbit at the vets before called Pipkin so that's not unique at all. Neither is Ruby, really...

One of my cats is called Napoleon though. Never come across that before (I didn't name him though).

I had a Widget :p A lion head I rescued. He was a sweet fella!

LolasMummy
18-09-2009, 02:27 PM
I thought Lola was pretty unique but nope its not :lol::lol:

Whereas i dont know anyone else with a Desmond rabbit! :lol:

KarenM
18-09-2009, 02:52 PM
ive not seen another sherbert,lollipop or bubbles but my other 3 are quite comon names, flopsy,clover and honey :D

I have. ;) In my siggy. :lol::lol:

Alfie is an extremely unusual name - I only know of, ooh, twenty million or so buns on here with the same name. :oops: :lol::lol:

Jaysmonkey
18-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Yeah loads of people have Lola! :oops: I chose it because Lola bunny was Bug's Bunny's girlfriend!.. Max again planty have.
Brian not unique.
hmm Jemimah with a h.. :P maybe more unique than the rest.

My cats called Pingu though! That's gotta be rare ;)

My goldfish is called Jeff toooo!

Sooz
18-09-2009, 03:16 PM
I've not come across another Honeycomb, Scout, Juno, Cassius, Caspian or Callisto but have seen another Maverick despite that being pretty unusual.

Elena
18-09-2009, 03:19 PM
There is another bun on bunspace called Mischa (pronounced Mish-car btw), another Mini's but spelt different obviously. Not seen another Nutmeg yet and there's definitely another Smudge on here!

marleyandme
18-09-2009, 03:31 PM

We had a labrador called Napoleon, she (yes she was a girl!:lol:) was the lovliest dog ever :love::love:

louise and Gus
18-09-2009, 03:47 PM
I think Gus is quite unusual :lol:

Poppy is very common, I know of another Dinky as well, Sweetpea must be common as well

Jack's-Jane
18-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Sir Victor Velveteen
Lady Lydia of Lopsley
Colonel Colin of the Third Lopsley Regiment
Inspector Morse
Miss Bunny Penny

Now at The Bridge :cry:

Dr Finlay
Grandpa Gregory
Gordon Bennet
Lord Lopsley
Major Tom
Victoria Meldrew
Uncle Albert
Old Bill

...........I am completely bonkers.......................:oops:

TeflonsShadow
18-09-2009, 03:56 PM
I've not come across another Honeycomb, Scout, Juno, Cassius, Caspian or Callisto but have seen another Maverick despite that being pretty unusual.

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=14265

Ive met him too :D

marleyandme
18-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Sir Victor Velveteen
Lady Lydia of Lopsley
Colonel Colin of the Third Lopsley Regiment
Inspector Morse
Miss Bunny Penny

Now at The Bridge :cry:

Dr Finlay
Grandpa Gregory
Gordon Bennet
Lord Lopsley
Major Tom
Victoria Meldrew
Uncle Albert
Old Bill

...........I am completely bonkers.......................:oops:

Love it!!! :)

Jack's-Jane
18-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Love it!!! :)

Well at first she was a VERY grumpy Bun !!

marleyandme
18-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Well at first she was a VERY grumpy Bun !!

It suited her well then :lol:, that is a genius name! :)

tigerangel
18-09-2009, 04:03 PM

I know of another Cassius, owned by a relatively new member here :wave:

I wonder how many people call their bunnies Pudding and Pie as affectionate nicknames though :oops::lol:

Doddy
18-09-2009, 04:15 PM
I have Roxy, I know there is another one on this forum. Angelica...not heard of another one.
Troy and Chad...not heard of any others???

Tuckerbunnies
18-09-2009, 04:24 PM
I've never come across another 'Chudleigh Flint' or a 'Miss Warburton'.

Jack-Bun
18-09-2009, 04:28 PM
I don't think I've ever come across anoher Drake or Josh.

Rachie
18-09-2009, 04:33 PM
There seem to be loads of Olivers but haven't seen another Ebony/Ebbie bun :D

DDD
18-09-2009, 04:42 PM
I thought Lola was pretty unique but nope its not :lol::lol:

Whereas i dont know anyone else with a Desmond rabbit! :lol:

I have Desmond and Douglas!

Elena
18-09-2009, 04:50 PM
There seem to be loads of Olivers but haven't seen another Ebony/Ebbie bun :D

My friends' last rabbit was called Ebony and nicknamed Ebbie/Ebby.

bunlover
18-09-2009, 04:55 PM
i have chelsea which not unique prehaps is less usual, and i have dora which is again less usual and arthur im not sure if that is normal or not?
i have also now got a coco(very normal) and a honey (but will be changing honeys name as my cousin is also called honey)

i have unusual hamster names if that counts?
poptart, frankfurter and not unusual martin.

MedicatedFluffball
18-09-2009, 05:02 PM
I've not heard of another Sora rabbit :wave::love: Not too many Luna's or Sassy's either.

I have heard plenty of Lily's and Smudge's, but I have yet to meet another rabbit called Smudge who does not actually have a smudge or any markings whatsoever :lol:

I have a Luna (Luna-tic, Ticky Boo, etc)! :wave: Did have Midnight too :oops:
I have a Mr Chunky Bum, or Chunkmeister (OH named him..I wanted Thumper, but Nooooooooooo)
A Rory, anyone else got one of them?
A Misty, Bolt, Hazel and Bella

Did have a Frank, Fiver, Helli (she was a helicopter bun) Lucky, Jackson and Baloo :cry:

emsie_81
18-09-2009, 05:06 PM

I wonder how many people call their bunnies Pudding and Pie as affectionate nicknames though :oops::lol:

My friend's buns (also a member on here) are actually named Pudding and Pye!!! :D

My buns are Hermes and Holly, so one unique, one quite common.

Sooz, i was meant to be adopting a gorgeous bun that we were going to rename Juno but Hermes was too scared of her to bond! :roll:

DemiS
18-09-2009, 05:19 PM
I know a few people have rabbits called Harley or Flash :lol:
Not many any Jez's yet though :)

Rachie
18-09-2009, 06:10 PM
My friends' last rabbit was called Ebony and nicknamed Ebbie/Ebby.

She gets Ebbie more than Ebony, I think it sounds a bit lap danceresque :oops: sorry Fat Fluffs :oops:

coco1200
18-09-2009, 06:18 PM
buns past and present!!

for the lads -
Oscar- common as muck
George (previously called Rikki :shock:, now with Kay) - even muckier common name :lol:

now, for my girlies
Hermione (at the bridge) - not a single rabbit ever with the same name
Noisette (pronounced Noir-zet) - not a single rabbit with that name either :D

~ Cat ~
18-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Lola was originally Oreo but when we got her home she was such a madam she had to be a Lola.

We needed a sweet name for her partner and Lucy fitted well!

*Spider*
18-09-2009, 06:26 PM
buns past and present!!

for the lads -
Oscar- common as muck
George (previously called Rikki :shock:, now with Kay) - even muckier common name :lol:

now, for my girlies
Hermione (at the bridge) - not a single rabbit ever with the same name
Noisette (pronounced Noir-zet) - not a single rabbit with that name either :D

Sorry to burst ya bubble Jan but I knew of a REW called Hermione. They named her after that girl in Harry Potter :lol:

Oompa-Loompa
18-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Boris - Not very common at all :lol:
Bella - Pretty common! I've come across at least 3 more Bellas on this forum :D

p_prod_uk
18-09-2009, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=Jaysmonkey;3328476]I chose it because Lola bunny was Bug's Bunny's girlfriend!QUOTE]
I never know Bugs had a girfriend!! :shock::lol:

I've heard of quite a few bunnies with the name Angel.
None with the names Dude or Blake though :D

Jaysmonkey
18-09-2009, 06:40 PM
haha watch 'Space-Jam' :p It's a children's film bear in mind!

LoopyLouie
18-09-2009, 06:44 PM
I've got Wilm, lol, and Bertie. Have had a Lena, Gamst and a long time ago Dana. I think those, except Bertie, are quite strange, lol x

Michelleox
18-09-2009, 06:44 PM
I think there are lots of Ambers and Ollies about, i'm pretty rubbish at picking names:lol:

Has Princess Powder Puff been called out in the vets yet?:lol::lol::lol:

Sky-O
18-09-2009, 06:48 PM
I've heard of quite a few bunnies with the name Angel.
None with the names Dude or Blake though :D

Sorry, I know a Dude. :p

RubyTed
18-09-2009, 07:00 PM
I have a Teddy...pretty common (although his full name is Master Theodore BunBun)

Hugo Algernon Archamedis Wiffle 1st
Lady Rose Wiffle.

We have a family cat called Solomon Wise. (He isn't very wise!!!)

New baby bunny doesn't have a name!!! This will be a toughie! (If she's REW then Ruby, otherwise I'm stumped!!)

Elena
18-09-2009, 07:22 PM
She gets Ebbie more than Ebony, I think it sounds a bit lap danceresque :oops: sorry Fat Fluffs :oops:

She used to be called Ebbie most of the time too. :lol:

happybun
18-09-2009, 07:33 PM
matthew - there's another matthew on here i think
tabitha - never met a rabbit called tabs, but there are lots of women who call themselves that name.

Sooz
18-09-2009, 08:11 PM

And I had a Blake in rescue who lived with a Tuppence. :wave:

Crazyt123
18-09-2009, 08:14 PM
hmmm im not sure maybe Kasper's is because i spell it with a K and not C.And My Kasper is prob one of the few thats not white!

I think my dog names Farley may be uncommon speically for a girl ( didnt name her she was alreadya orund 10 whne i got here didnt think it was right to change her name)

I thought Willow (my kitty) was uncommon at first but nope! Willowthewisps cat is willow too right?

as for the bird I think Whiskey maybe uncommon

MopsyMops =]
18-09-2009, 08:43 PM
I like to think the names of my animals are original :lol:
Never heard of a rabbit called Oggie, Delila is sometimes used.

Andy is just wow, you wouldnt think to call your dog that at all :lol:

Jack-Bun
18-09-2009, 08:44 PM
;3328998']I like to think the names of my animals are original :lol:
Never heard of a rabbit called Oggie, Delila is sometimes used.

Andy is just wow, you wouldnt think to call your dog that at all :lol:

:lol::lol:

I would love two Giant buns called Reuben and Delila :love:

Buuny_Friend
18-09-2009, 08:51 PM
I haven't heard of another Geronimo! :lol:

Am I unique mummy?
http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp24/ec181/Misc024.jpg

p_prod_uk
18-09-2009, 08:53 PM

Really?!?! :shock:

I thought Dude's old owner was the only slightly strange person around!! :lol:

lilylover
19-09-2009, 12:56 AM
I have Tilly mint and Cheeky bum and think I've seen a couple of Tilly's around. With hindsight maybe I shouldn't have given the vet Cheeks full name as they seem to delight in calling out " Ms C--------- with Cheeky Bum" :oops:

Dustye
19-09-2009, 01:42 AM
Pipin--yes. I have a bunny called Pipin.
Also Marshmellow and Cutie--silly names that almost seem embarrassing at the vet.

Once my boys named two bunny girls we had Spots Wiggle-nose and Fluff Red-eyes.

I had a bunny long ago named Quincey, but we called her The Fat Queen, and one named Fiver which I thought would be pretty common as it's the name of a favorite magical bunny in Watership Down.

sacol4940
19-09-2009, 07:18 AM

Pudding, sweetie pie, my gorgeous little girlie, chicken, my little chickadee, squidgy bum..... :oops: (no wonder she doesnt come to me when i call her Jose lol):p

honeybunny
19-09-2009, 09:06 AM
I think we've got..although he's is off to his new home today..the only Colin-Cupcake:lol:
and he's going to live with Freddy-Fruitcake..so beat that!:lol:

BeatrixPotter
19-09-2009, 09:17 AM
My boys have both got popular names.
Peter - Well, its the name of the most famous rabbit!
Leo - Seems like there are lots

My girls names are a little rarer.
Lila - Never come across another bun called Lila.
Mariposa (Posy) - Named after a barbie called Mariposa, I'd like to bet that she's unique!

Sky-O
19-09-2009, 09:45 AM
This thread makes me smile :D I love this :D

I think we've got..although he's is off to his new home today..the only Colin-Cupcake
and he's going to live with Freddy-Fruitcake..so beat that!

Sky-O
19-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Really?!?! :shock:

I thought Dude's old owner was the only slightly strange person around!! :lol:

:lol:

Her's came about that he came to her unnamed so she needed to name him, but in the interim she just called him Dude because she had nothing else to call him (like I might call some of mine Little Lady, mate, etc), and it just stuck because she didn't find a better name and Dude just worked for him.

MopsyMops =]
19-09-2009, 10:20 AM
I think we've got..although he's is off to his new home today..the only Colin-Cupcake:lol:
and he's going to live with Freddy-Fruitcake..so beat that!:lol:

That is actualy amazing :lol:

ShazzaBunny
19-09-2009, 10:32 AM
I have Flynn, Taffy, Giles, Summer, Holly, Bigwig, Gracie

I dont think i have came across another Taffy or Giles before :)

honeybunny
19-09-2009, 11:44 AM
I have Flynn, Taffy, Giles, Summer, Holly, Bigwig, Gracie

I dont think i have came across another Taffy or Giles before :)
We had a Giles at Honeybunnies about 3 years ago..we've also had a Flynn, Holly and Grace...liking Taffy so watch out for new Honeybunnies:lol:

lilbun
19-09-2009, 11:49 AM
I've got a Custardapple Furrypods and a Tippex Porkychicken- do they count?

I also have Apricot Le BunBun, Mango Fattyharebit and Bunny Clifton :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

sacol4940
19-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Anymore Jose's out there??

ShazzaBunny
19-09-2009, 12:02 PM
We had a Giles at Honeybunnies about 3 years ago..we've also had a Flynn, Holly and Grace...liking Taffy so watch out for new Honeybunnies:lol:

Aww i would be really chuffed if there was a Taffy Honeybunny :lol: :D

deja224
19-09-2009, 12:18 PM
we have tofu and sully (the monster off monster inc) :oops:

shelley1977
19-09-2009, 12:24 PM
I think most of my buns have more common names,Silver,Bigwig,Lily,Rodger.But i dont think i have ever seen another bun called Hyzenthlay or Campion.

Shelley

chloaster
19-09-2009, 12:28 PM
We had three buns come in and they were all very fat - one had a bottom tooth going up his nostril so we rushed him straight down to the vets and cos he didn't have a name we just booked him in as Fatty Pants - Claire was dared to come out and announce Fatty Pants Hennegan but she wimped out :lol: :lol: :lol:

sacol4940
19-09-2009, 12:32 PM
We had three buns come in and they were all very fat - one had a bottom tooth going up his nostril so we rushed him straight down to the vets and cos he didn't have a name we just booked him in as Fatty Pants - Claire was dared to come out and announce Fatty Pants Hennegan but she wimped out :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aww i love the name! You should deffo keep that as his name :D

Sky-O
19-09-2009, 01:26 PM
we have tofu and sully (the monster off monster inc) :oops:

I know of a Sully, also named after that monster.

I love the Fatty Pants story :D

TeflonsShadow
19-09-2009, 01:28 PM
hmmm im not sure maybe Kasper's is because i spell it with a K and not C.And My Kasper is prob one of the few thats not white!

I think my dog names Farley may be uncommon speically for a girl ( didnt name her she was alreadya orund 10 whne i got here didnt think it was right to change her name)

I thought Willow (my kitty) was uncommon at first but nope! Willowthewisps cat is willow too right?

as for the bird I think Whiskey maybe uncommon

I used to have a cat called Willow too!!

crazy daisy
19-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Dont think Gizmo is too common although ive seen one i think on here, my other is Daisy which i can imagine being quiet common. :) I used to have a guinea pig called mullet tho! :)

bunny foo foo
20-09-2009, 10:45 PM
I know of atleast 1 other Milly on here, but I've never heard her nickname (Mills)! :);)

Joh619
21-09-2009, 01:41 PM
I can't say I've heard of another Walter and Nora.

I did used to have a bunny when I was little called Blueberry (Blue) which seems to be fairly common. My sister had a REW called Alice (after the white rabbit in alice in wonderland) so I guess that's fairly common too.

DemiS
21-09-2009, 01:52 PM
I think most of my buns have more common names,Silver,Bigwig,Lily,Rodger.But i dont think i have ever seen another bun called Hyzenthlay or Campion.

Shelley

Mine was named Hyzenthlay, until we found out he was a male :lol:
All my buns so far have been male, my first female will defo be Hyzenthlay ;)

I'm sure I've seen another Hyzenthlay on this forum

clutterydrawer
21-09-2009, 05:04 PM
I like to pick unusual names but sometimes it's the more "common" ones that fit better :) There is a lass on here who's buns are called Egg and Tuesday, which always makes me laugh :lol:

I can't be bothered reading the whole thread, has anyone posted the link to the Rabbit Names survey that Neil did?

angeleyes
21-09-2009, 06:29 PM
I don't think there is another Lionel, Lolly, Joseph, Liam, Niamh or Izzy but i know there is another Oscar and i think a couple of Maddie's

dayle_x
22-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Don't think anyone else has a Bunty or a Boo. All the rest are fairly common though

Rachel89
22-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Blue and Honey yess, but Kimmo.....noway :lol:

Crystal butterfly
22-09-2009, 11:39 PM
Crystal- Yes
Misty- very common BUT think mine the only male Misty ;)

biscuitblossom
22-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Well some of mine have very common bunny names ( bugsy,buster,billy,bonnie) but I don't think anyones got an Alexander .