• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i can not understand...

PrincessPinky

Mama Doe
Why some people spend a fortune on different hay... i get mine from a farm which costs me £2.50 a bale!! Its brilliant, fresh, greeny hay and the bunnies love it :lol:

You're lucky! I too get mine by the bale, but for £4 so expensive :roll::p:lol:

Sometimes I buy expensive hay to tempt them, or as a treat, or when I got my foster baby and I wanted the best chance for him.

Some bunnies are super fussy though, I'm just really glad I have none of those. Mine pounce on the bale stuff like its the best thing in the world.

I borught them some fancy hay which was nearly £10 :roll: they was less interested in that than there usual hay, so it was a complete waste of money...

I had to buy dust free hay for Kermit as he was very sneezy with other stuff.

But also, i dunno where i would store a bale of hay, so the smaller bags suit me.

I have a guy who boards his rabbit with me and the first time he came he brought some hay that he bought online as he said it was the only hay his rabbit would eat. We put his rabbit into the run that already had some of my (farm bought) hay and his rabbit tucked straight into it, I thought it was funny:lol:

I read on the back of one of my hay packets that it was a good idea to feed different types of hay, so that buns become less fussy when the same type and source of hay naturally varies from season to season :)

Maybe it was just a hint for me to buy more of their products though :lol::lol::lol:

I read on the back of one of my hay packets that it was a good idea to feed different types of hay, so that buns become less fussy when the same type and source of hay naturally varies from season to season :)

Maybe it was just a hint for me to buy more of their products though :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah it probably was more than likley. I just think unless your bun has a medical problem, then farm hay does the same job as the expensive hay :lol:

Why some people spend a fortune on different hay... i get mine from a farm which costs me £2.50 a bale!! Its brilliant, fresh, greeny hay and the bunnies love it :lol:

i have often wondered this and me thinks some buns take the mickey, and too many people give in to them, wild buns would`nt be so selective, mine get what they are given and eat it readily..:D

Where do you get your hay from Lauren? I spend a fortune on hay in all honesty :? I did used to buy farm bales but then it started getting really dusty and damp so i started buying it from First for Pets in cannock. I spend around £20-£30 a week on hay :oops: :? xXx

Where do you get your hay from Lauren? I spend a fortune on hay in all honesty :? I did used to buy farm bales but then it started getting really dusty and damp so i started buying it from First for Pets in cannock. I spend around £20-£30 a week on hay :oops: :? xXx

£20 - £30!!!!! :shock::shock: OMG! :lol:

my friend has a farm, next time i go down shall i egt you a bale? :D

Gives me a excuse to come and see your buns then :lol:

My brother lives in Churchfenton, and buys me farm hay which is £2 for a huge bag. My bunnies aren't fussy and all love it. They hate P@H stuff though and won't touch timothy hay. But hey £2 a week is good by me ;)

I would love to try a farm bale, but I have no idea where to get it from! How dusty is farm hay??? It worries me a little about mites etc??

I would love to try a farm bale, but I have no idea where to get it from! How dusty is farm hay??? It worries me a little about mites etc??

The hay that i get isn't dusty at all.. i get no dusty horrible bits at the bottom of the bag, its all fresh, greeny hay :love: :lol:
And my bunnies have never caught mites, ive been giving it them 3 years now :wave:

Get mine from west willows, brilliant hay but postage is SO expensive, about £29 for two boxes, which last about a month.

No room to store a bale, and Biscuit is very fussy.

Im a nightmare with hay, have 7 different types for them:oops:. Once spent 6 pounds on a tiny bag of hay (it did look good mind:oops:).
O/h had practically used it all on one hay tray, told him how much it cost, it went back in the bag faster than it came out:lol:, we had stern words after though:evil:

I know this is going to sound stupid but how heavy is a 'bale'? We have been getting a 5 kilo bag and I'd like to compare.

Back