• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

does anyone rent house/flat and have house buns?

sam and nala

Alpha Buck
i am wanting to buy a property but for the mean time would rather rent to be sure im earning enough to buy and can actualy cope living alone :lol:

do any of u's rent and still have ur buns indoors?

does ur landlord know?

did u look for pet friendly housing?

any help greatly appriciated:wave:

I used to rent and have a house bun. The landlord was fine with it. We just looked for properties to rent, then asked about pets when we went for a viewing, explaining it was a small rabbit who was very well behaved (he was small, but NOT well behaved, lol) and they went back and checked with the landlord, who obviously either say yes or no. For us we got mostly yes's apart from the most perfect house, who said no, lol.

We have rented four different houses with one or two houserabbits. We always told the landlord we had rabbits and there was never any problems.

We even rented a flat in Edinburgh where it stated 'no pets'. We explained we only had "two little rabbits" and we got the flat. I think the letting agency assumed the rabbits would be in a hutch in the garden and were a little surprised to find them sitting comfortably on a rug in front of the aga in the kitchen, but by then it was too late!

We rent and have two house bunnies All our contract says is that we cant have pets that disturb neighbours or cause damage (the only thing our bunnies have damaged is our own furniture so no problem). Again, I think the landlord presumes they are outside but has never moaned about them being in.

I used to. I asked landlord at time & caged animals were ok. I intended him to be un-caged, but so what:lol:

I rent now and my landlord doesn't know

Moving in two weeks and the new landlord doesn't know either :D

I rent, i have 2 house buns and 4 outside and my landlord is fine.He even offered to get me some straw for them.Though i do know my house buns were given to the rescue because their owners landlord didnt allow them.

Shelley

i rent and when i asked about my guinea pigs, he said 'fine, they're outside?' yes. my darn memory is so bad tho i must've forgot to tell him when i got eric - and now esme:oops: it wouldn't go down well at all and as we live kind of in their garden, i'm waiting for someone to say something........if that happens and he doesn't like it, simple - we'll move:D lots of houses to rent and we're good long term tenants;) (just wish i could fathom out how to litter train esme though:?).

I'm a student at Manchester Uni, so i rent a terrace house in the city centre and my landlord is fantastic. He used to have house bunnies himself so is fine with me and mine and yes he knows. It would be wrong to keep it from your landlord! I wouldn't risk eviction. :D

I didn't look for pet friendly housing, just asked when it came to accepting the house/signing the contract if he'd be fine with house rabbits and luckily enough he was.

Good luck with your house search.

Lived with this landlord 3 years now too..haha i pay £186 a month all bills inc :lol: pretty good!

Last edited:
I rent and i made sure that I was allowed to keep Yoshi before I moved. I lost one flat because they didn't get back to me, I moved so Yoshi could have his own room :p and he loved it. I was told that I could only keep one rabbit but now I have Ellie and Fudge, what they don't know won't hurt them :lol::lol:

Hey,

I was renting when i got Dylan. Before i got him i rang our landlady to make sure it was ok for me to get a pet, she said yes, but, after i had had him a few days she rang and told me the only pet i was not aloud in to have in the flat was a rabbit :shock:. While she was on the phone, little baby Dylan was running around pooping on the carpet :shock:. So form that day on Dylan was a secret, she never found out about him or spotted his huge cage hidden beside the bed when she came round :lol:. All i had to do was clean the carpet before we moved out to try and get rid of a few pee stains eek. I cant believe I was aloud to have a huge dog if i had wanted, but not a bunny:?.

My house is rented, and we have two indoor buns. We thought it best to tell the landlord before we moved in. She had no problem with it at all :)

But in my old place my landlord didn't know. Kept it a secret for months until we were moving out and she had to show people around :lol: luckily she was alright about it!

But in my old place my landlord didn't know. Kept it a secret for months until we were moving out and she had to show people around :lol: luckily she was alright about it!

My pair are going on holiday next week just in case they do bring anyone round (have they haven't rang to arrange anything yet so I might get away with it)
I'm just going to give the carpet a clean before I hand the keys back (they like to lie in one area and there is lots of tummy fluff there :oops: )

We were living in our flat for a year when we decided we wanted to get a pet. We asked the landlord and he was fine about it and we collected Marley from the rescue later that week :) Our buns are totally free range and I am pretty sure that he assumes they will be caged!

I don't think you need to look for accomodation that specifically says pet friendly..just ask the landlord/estate agents when you see a house/flat that you like.

Two of my landlords were fine with it... then looking for place no 3 we missed out on so many nice flats because the landlords wouldn't allow pets... so when we went for the next one we forgot to mention the two buns....

Now we've got our own house we don't have to worry about it. But hidding the bunnies when there were inspections/repairs being carried out was a huge hassle. I would definitely recommend getting your landlord on your side with this one, it is a lot less hassle in the long run and you won't be chancing eviction!

i think i will have to ask if its ok as nala is not a small bun haha shes a giant that weighs almost 7kg so not easy to hide hahaha

just neet to persuade the boyfriend he wants to live with me n nala hahahaha

he does not get on with her much :(

Pets weren't aloud in our rented house but we spoke to landlord and he made us sign a weiver (I dont know how to spell it) that says that we have to cover any damage caused by the rabbit.
THanks god Fanta didnt damage anything. When George arrived we decided to send them outdoors as George was a too naughty to keep him freerange

My landlady thinks we have one bunny who lives outside :oops: When we moved in we only had one bun, however that was over 2 years ago and we now have a pair... :oops::lol: They're both black though so there is a chance she may think they're the same rabbit if she doesn't see them both at the same time :mrgreen:

They are half indoor half outdoor (they come and go as they please whilst we're at home) and, aside from a minor incident last week where I was caught out having to semi-repair their bond inside, I can clean all the housebunny stuff up in time before the landlady visits as she has to give us 24 hours notice in writing before coming to the house.

And if she comes around without telling us and finds we've broken the lease, well, she's broken the lease too by calling around unannounced :roll::lol: in which case they would probably cancel each other out.

Back