• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

She's booked in!

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
Just booked Posy in for her spay next thursday!

Starting to feel a little sick about it already. I have had Peter neutered but never looked after a recovering doe before. I will be having her inside for a few days but is there anything else I need to do?

i had nala done about 5months ago and it was my "first time" shes a house bun

i filled her dog crate with all things soft i had vet bed and her fleece blankets for her to lay on she had her fave herbs there corriander and basil. her fave veggies brocollie and carrots and a bowl of water and her comfort toy that she drags round everywhere (a mc donalds teddy elephant :lol:)

when she came home i put her in her crate she was very wobbly still and covered her up with her fleece and left her for an hour then checked and same again she started eating after 2hrs once she was settled and unwobbly

i think its best for them to be in a quiet room where they can recover and relax and get over their op

hope this helps :wave:

Hiya good luck with Posy! we got Lola done in May and can understand ur nerves! but she was absolutely fine, and she's a calmer bunny now - and less destructive! we just made sure she stayed in her cage a day or two so that she didnt try jumping. made sure everything was spotless, check she's eating ok, talk quietly to her etc

Back