• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

so far so good...fingers crossed.

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
bif n bertie have a tough time tummy wise lately and indeed bif and bertie were having fibreplex and herbs..fresh mint and femmel and dried fenenl and mint tea too.

theres more poops from bertie again today....bifs have got smaller again but shes pooping and so far no sloppy poos.

they went out in the garden the other day bit where the gras shad been cut and only the fine stuff was long at the egdes...they didnt eat much of it.

last two days i have begun giving them veg again.
a teeny broccoli floret each and a piece of carrot and a few just a few shreds of spring greens. theyve eaten it and so far so good....i guess tomorrow will be the day it shows more!!

merlins so happy..he gets twice or three times berties amount!! no soft poops from him...but heaps of normal poops..hes so hard to get to eat hay tho..guess its cos he wasnt given enough before he got rescued:(

you should hear the brocoli go!!

im sticking to this regime if no sticky poops....and then as the grass grows back..some grass each day too. Then we hope not to have runny bums from being outside. hope the weekends nice.....i can put the buns in shifts out there.....merlin and bertie agree to run or in berties case..to sleep without pestering each other. But bif...shes never gone for merlin when hes been in the lounge being groomed and allowed to run into the hall whilst we pick up the fur...(i darent use the pet vac on him cos of his mane!!)
shes sniffed him and thats it..and in the garden it was the same and then she began playing follow my leader and tag with him and was having fun..no tail up etc..then he sniffed her bum..and she nealry killed him..i got them apart with no serious injures but a very scared merlin.

he can go in the wire playepn buf bif likes to terrorise him thru the bars..plus he cant be with the cats and he loves to play with the cats...

now to decide who goes out first:lol:

Good news :D Gently does it is the way and you can build them up to it slowly and hopefully their caecum will have time to colonise appropriately :thumb:
I'd watch the carrot though - known for causing soft poop, and perhaps replace it with something leafy green instead? Carrot tops or celery tops perhaps? Glad to hear it's going well though. :)

Thanks vicky..somany times ive done it like this and its backfired majorly and ended up with bif in as a patient with stasis:shock:

i have seen some ceal smutts today in the tent tho:(

merlins happy..hes had banana already today and is having greens later...when i get back from the docs.
yes i think ill cut out the carots for a few days.....the tops im loathe to feed unless theyre organic which the carrots are...but cos of the calcium too..woozle was a carrot top fiend....led to his bladder crystals i reckon.

ha ha do oyu want to come give merlin a trim.....hes got a ful round mane under his chin and all...and his mutton chops now make him look lke a scotty dog:love::lol::lol:

hes going grey in his hair!!! he looks about half the size he did since he moulted that lovley thick bushy coat of his.

i will keep it up as long as they are ok....:wave:

ive odne this sooo many times before like i told you...but maybe with the bio lapis and fibreplex thats been int heir systems for a few weeks..maybe theyll be ok. fingers crossed!

Back