• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hydroponic grass?

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone know if bunnies can have this? There's literally NO grass left in the bunny run, and our neighbours grow the hydroponic stuff, so we may be able to nick some off them.

Last edited:
When your neighbours say they grow grass are you sure they mean the kind rabbits eat? I've never heard of growing a lawn hydroponically ;)

Oh, like GRASS!! I know where you guys are coming from now! :oops: No, nothing like that!

When I say my neighbours I mean the riding centre we live next too. They grow what they call 'hydroponic grass', for the horses to eat. It doesn't look like normal grass at all, but I wondered if it's something rabs can have? Sorry, I'm a bit thick!

I googled it, and wow they do grow grass for horses hydroponically! Yes, it should be fine for rabbits, though I would introduce in gradually as it might be quite rich compared to your lawn this time of year :)

Oh, like GRASS!! I know where you guys are coming from now! :oops: No, nothing like that!

When I say my neighbours I mean the riding centre we live next too. They grow what they call 'hydroponic grass', for the horses to eat. It doesn't look like normal grass at all, but I wondered if it's something rabs can have? Sorry, I'm a bit thick!

When I went on a horse riding holiday (1990:oops:) they grew it hydro-watsit-ly in Wales. The horses had limited amounts cos it was quite rich:D

You can buy rolls off turf from B&Q for about £3 - couple of those a month might do:D

Grass seeds sprout like wild fire, get a few cat litter trays - some compost and some grass seeds - Wilkos sell it cheap, within a week you will have lovely green grass x x x

That's a good idea! I'll look into it next time I go to town. It'd be more natural than hydroponic stuff too. Gunna build them a big seperate run for next year.

Back