• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxi

Ooh, good question!
I would *think* they'd have the antibodies in their immune system :?
I hope someone will come along with the answer soon!

I've asked this before and while it seems logical that the bun would develop immunity and thus make it less likely, there was someone on the forum whose bun had myxi twice :(

Hope everything is ok xx

I think so. Not 100% sure but I think mixi is similar to flu/cold and is various different strains that can mutate.

I think maybe because it mutates and changes that that has an impact? and maybe they might be immune for that particular strain, but maybe not others?

I don't know, and may be talking garbage, so don't take that as read.

My vet has always insisted on vaccinating Damson again even though he has had it. She didn't do it for the first year but then said we ought tp start again. I believe there are slightly different strains.

yes they can get it again another time but they should get it less horribly or be less suceptible due to increased immunity. x

Thank you - Yes everything is ok.

Lola had suspected Myxi last year (swellings, weight loss etc) but fully recovered and still has all her jabs. Was just wondering if she could still catch it!

Back