• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

water bottle snuggs

tickles

Mama Doe
Are they a good thing for the money and do they really work just thinking a head to winter as its not far off now :(

I saw some insulated water bottles produced by Snugglesafe the other day. They also have a water level indicator which could be useful.

I think they're fine, but I've honestly not found them any more effective than a coating of bubble wrap or a thermal sock covered with a bag. The main problem I find with all of these products is that the water in the bottle stays unfrozen but the metal spout still freezes over. If someone finds a way to safely solve that problem, I'd buy it!

To be honest if it's that cold that the water's freezing over, I'd move the buns somewhere warmer, like a shed or the house. Is that possible with you? If not and cold is a problem where you live have you got one of those hutch cover things? They'd cover the bottle as well, and hopefully neither the water nor the buns would freeze! :D

I'd agree with the above posts - the water in the bottle stays liquid but the spout still freezes. I think the only option in really cold weather is to have three or four bottles and to change them every few hours. Last winter I even found my water bowl would freeze overnight and that was in an insulated shed AND was filled with warm water last thing at night. The bunnies still sat outside all night though :roll::lol:

Lol yes mine do that too! Frozen water doesn't necessarily mean cold bunnies, the buns have fur coats and hopefully cosy dry hutches. Mine sit out come rain wind or snow.

I've only had the bottle snug over summer so far but it kept the water nice and cool.
I'm hoping it will work over winter as well though as others have said the spot freezing is still likely to be an issue...

I'd agree with the above posts - the water in the bottle stays liquid but the spout still freezes. I think the only option in really cold weather is to have three or four bottles and to change them every few hours. Last winter I even found my water bowl would freeze overnight and that was in an insulated shed AND was filled with warm water last thing at night. The bunnies still sat outside all night though :roll::lol:

Warm water freezes quicker than a cold water ;)

I haven't used one, but I imagine as other people say the spout still freezes. For winter I always double up on water bottles, so I can easily and quickly put a fresh bottle out morning and night if necessary. We rarely get temperatures so low that the water freezes during the day so I don't find it a problem (well we don't down here anyhow...)

Hannah :)

Last year I sellotaped bubble wrap around them & then covered with a sock.

Anything to not spend money:oops::lol:

:? I feel a new iniciative coming along for my knitting tallents ;) :lol: I'm thinking of a double insulated one, in a kind of 70s tea cosy cover style :lol:

Hannah :)

Since having a snug, the bottle never turns green in summer like itused to and the tip has only frozen once and that was when we had an extremely cold day, silly like -10

Is there now way the spout can be covered also just leaving the tip open? Just a thought as keep reading the spouts freeze also?

I bought a Scratch and Newton bottle snug yesterday, the green ones, and the water was still frozen this morning :roll:

ive got the green ones and the plastic sratch and newton one, only used green one in summer but rosie and mowgli never knew what a water bottle was for :lol:

but new bunny should, unless he thinks ohh i prefer the bowl, but my buns are house bunnies so no need to worry in winter time

Back