• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mounting query

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
does it take a while for it to settle in a recent bonding or does it never stop?

seems every time esme starts tucking into hay, eric mounts her. and when she's having a drink. and when she's lying quietly. lots of mounting:roll: she doesn't seem overly concerned about it, just runs away for him to chase her but she never runs far:? there hasn't been any nipping from either bun (that i am aware of) and overall they seem to be getting used to each other (eric was full flop earlier with esme nearby but the phone disturbed him and he jumped up and mounted her:shock:).

if esme comes to me for fuss, he mounts her, chases her away or stamps his foot (she comes back tho - i have lots of nose rubs for both:D).

does it seem that they're still deciding who is dominant? although he mounts her, its not successful and she certainly isn't scared of him:?

All Eric is doing is asserting himself, any increases in or new teritory will often also result in the need to assert dominance. It usually settles with time once the dominant bun knows that they are the boss.

thank you for you reply. i thought this may be the case but i thought i'd better check.
i think it will take a while for them to decide - if at all:?

Back