• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hock question

DDD

Mama Doe
When do bald hocks turn to sore hocks? What is classed as a sore hock? I was looking after my neighbours rabbits last weekend, and her rex rabbit has a few bald patches on her hocks. I have never seen sore hocks in 'real life' so just want it clarifying please.

Any redness, swelling, lesions on the hocks would be a sore hock. :wave:

If they are normal skin tone and the skin looks healthy then just let the owners know that its worth keeping an eye on them to ensure they don't become sore.

Any redness, swelling, lesions on the hocks would be a sore hock. :wave:

If they are normal skin tone and the skin looks healthy then just let the owners know that its worth keeping an eye on them to ensure they don't become sore.

OK thanks. That's what I thought but didn't want to find out that they have suffered and I ignored!! The skin is nice and healthy pink, same colour as other skin as I looked under her fur. The rabbit is a lazy rabbit who prefers to sit rather than move about! Don't know if this is to do with the conditions it came from before being rescued.

Back