• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I have some vibes for Alfie please U/D He's on the mend :-)

NLENG2000

Mama Doe
I had to take him to the vets this morning as he hadn't eaten or poo'd for over 12 hours. I have just called and there is no improvement, I am so worried about my little man :(

I am going to take some of his favourite food up to him after work, I hope it helps!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! He's back home because the vets dont have anyone there to look after him overnight! :shock::shock::censored: He's done 1 poo in 24 hours! I've got some sub-q fluids to give him at 9 and some recovery food and pineapple juice, so his guts will start moving again if it kills me!

Thanks everyone! He's back home because the vets dont have anyone there to look after him overnight! :shock::shock::censored: He's done 1 poo in 24 hours! I've got some sub-q fluids to give him at 9 and some recovery food and pineapple juice, so his guts will start moving again if it kills me!

I would attempt some oral fluids as well throughout the night if he is receptive and doesn't struggle too much. Has he had sufficient pain relief and gut motility agents for the night as well? Lots of vibes :)

The vet felt he had enough pain relief and gut mobility to last him through the night, and I have an appt first thing in the morning to take him back in. Things are looking up tho, I've been up all night with him and he has started to eat again and has had a few very dark very hard poos, and he is drinking quite a lot of water. He had his sub-q fluids at 9 plus he's had three small doses of pineapple juice throughout the night, so I am hoping things are on the move now!

I would attempt some oral fluids as well throughout the night if he is receptive and doesn't struggle too much. Has he had sufficient pain relief and gut motility agents for the night as well? Lots of vibes :)

Back