• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sickened at Jamie Oliver CH4 - Road Trip

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
I watched this last night - no warnings about the programme.

Oh dear - trip to a live abbatoir in New York - showing our beloved friends heaped in cages.

I am emailing CH4 and also Jamie Oliver - a warning could of been nice about the abboatoir.

AND WHY DOES JAMIE HAVE TO CALL EVERYONE "BROTHER" COS HE IS IN usa>???:censored::censored:

i wish i could send jamie to the slaughter house,god i hate him.He wants to save the world by cooking food.I once read an interview the paper done with him and he said anyone who lets their kids drink pop and eat mcdonalds are basically stupid and irresponsible.

i wish i could send jamie to the slaughter house,god i hate him.He wants to save the world by cooking food.I once read an interview the paper done with him and he said anyone who lets their kids drink pop and eat mcdonalds are basically stupid and irresponsible.

Isn't that true? Feeding a rabbit only muesli and sugary treats is stupid and irresponsible so surely the same applies to children? I mean the occasional one is fine but there are people who can't be bothered to give their children proper meals.

Don't get me wrong, the bit in the abattoir was horrid and I had to turn away but unfortunately not everyone agrees with us that rabbits are not good for meat. There was a couple of Come Dine With Me's that were much worse than what was shown there.

Last edited:
Isn't that true? Feeding a rabbit only muesli and sugary treats is stupid and irresponsible so surely the same applies to children? I mean the occasional one is fine but there are people who can't be bothered to give their children proper meals.

Don't get me wrong, the bit in the abattoir was horrid and I had to turn away but unfortunately not everyone agrees with us that rabbits are not good for meat. There was a couple of Come Dine With Me's that were much worse than what was shown there.

no he ment it that if you EVER let your child have a mcdonalds or sugary drinks.

I just wish they would give a warning?? It doesnt take much.

Agreed.

no he ment it that if you EVER let your child have a mcdonalds or sugary drinks.

Oh right, well I suppose that is a bit harsh. My kids won't be getting Macdonalds or suchlike though unless it's absolutely imperative! Have you seen that video on youtube where the fries don't decay after 2 months of waiting? Ew, gross.

I didn't watch the programme and I agree that they should put a warning on. However, I think it's a good thing to show people an abatoir. People should know that putting meat on their plate involves animal slaughter. They can then make an informed choice whether to be vegetarian.

Can't stand Jamie Oliver myself. Way to annoying. But I thought his comments on parents feeding their kids junk food was good. From recollection it came about when parents objected to a school having healthy meals and the parents were buying their kids fatty take away food and handing through the school gates saying 'we know what's best for our kids'. We now have kids being registered disabled just cos they are so fat they can not feed, clean themselves and maintain a social life.

I didn't watch the programme and I agree that they should put a warning on. However, I think it's a good thing to show people an abatoir. People should know that putting meat on their plate involves animal slaughter. They can then make an informed choice whether to be vegetarian.

I happen to agree with this. Unfortunately, rabbits are not only seen as 'pets' but also as food. They didn't actually show anything being slaughtered on the programme - just the animals kept in their horrid cages and scenes of the end product, so although I found it distasteful, it wasn't too graphic. I'd still rather not see it though:cry:, especially since I don't eat meat for the very reason that I have strong emotional feelings towards animals.

Back