• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've created a monster :-(

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I put Freddy, my little wild bun outside in her new aviary on Monday, but I think she hates it. She seems so scared and keeps jumping into my arms when I go out to see her, as if to say 'Help me Mum' :cry:

I can't believe she's so scared of being outdoors...I've created a weird little creature which has neither the nature of a wild rabbit nor a domestic one

She's getting a rabbit friend at the weekend, so I'm hoping he can teach her to enjoy living outdoors

Have you increased Freddy's space slowly?
This may help her get used to the space.

It's not the space issue, it's the fact that I've kept her indoors until now and she's become rather set in her ways. She's used to going outdoors in a run on the lawn, but has never really enjoyed it. I was hoping she'd get used to it

It's not the space issue, it's the fact that I've kept her indoors until now and she's become rather set in her ways. She's used to going outdoors in a run on the lawn, but has never really enjoyed it. I was hoping she'd get used to it

Ahh I see.
Well I'd see how she gets on with Colin and see if she can put her trust in him, if now would you keep them as indoors?

Sorry Colin Cupcake, will remember not to abreviate your name again :lol:
*Sits on naughty step :lol:*

lol was just wondering if the Colin you mentioned was Mr Cupcake himself cos I read this morning that he'd been reserved :D

Ahh I see.
Well I'd see how she gets on with Colin and see if she can put her trust in him, if now would you keep them as indoors?

I can't really keep them indoors because Freddy is so good at finding small spaces to crawl into and I'm scared she'll end up injured...she managed to get into my bricked-up chimney the other day! :shock:

I can't really keep them indoors because Freddy is so good at finding small spaces to crawl into and I'm scared she'll end up injured...she managed to get into my bricked-up chimney the other day! :shock:

My friend Charlotte had to put her wildie outside as she got up the chimney too. I was staying at hers and had to help pull her out in my white PJ's. Easter now lives outside with a friend.

Juno, my wildie, is actually happier outside because she is scared of my husband but she won't bond with a friend so we are in the middle of making her an enclosure in the spare room instead as she enjoys my company...just not anyone or anybun elses. It did take her a while to adjust to the change though, she wasn't instantly comfortable.

Back