• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I must be doing something wrong :(

charlie82

Mama Doe
Yet again... third bun in a week to have something go wrong.. George has hurt his hip :( I got a glimpse of the vet bill for the past week....... over 700 quid :shock:

On a plus note, I'm off to pick up phoebe and Teddy from my vets house :)

Sorry to hear about your buns Angela :( I hope things start going better for you soon. Wow that's a big bill! :shock: I hope your pet insurance covers it! I'm sure you're not doing anything wrong, just being unlucky. Try to keep positive if you can. Hope you have a run of good luck to follow soon :) x

Your not doing anything worng!!!! You are a fantastic bunny mummy :D. Sending megga get well vibes to all 3. :wave:

trust me i feel like this all the time if its not something wrong with nala (my bun) its something going wrong with miracle and blaze (my horses) what bothers me the most is all 3 of em are spoilt rotten but these things happen and you no what........i find that its the people who truly care for their animals and do anything for them, there always the ones things go wrong for. so chin up im sure ur doing all u can for ur buns :wave:

Angela, everything seems to come at once and there are many people who have felt the same as you're feeling right now. It feels like a domino effect. So.....stop being daft and doubting yourself, okay? ((hugs)) xx

I do seem to have an awful amount of bad luck where rabbits are concerned.

I have just got home from picking my two troublemakers up though :love::love: Will be making sure there are no hotwater bottles lying around :roll:

It does all happen at once! two weeks ago I had at the same time:
Mulberry come down with an inner ear infection
Thistle have a flare up of pastuerella
Viola Rose got myxi
Teasal had to have his bladder squeezed again (though that is every 4 weeks)
and one of the bantams had to have a toe amputated

Could hardly fit all the Baytril in the cupboard!!!

The bill so far . . . a mere £800 (though that includes re vaccinating all the other buns a couple of weeks early)

Yep, same here...4 poorly bunnies at the same time a couple of weeks ago.

It's natural to blame yourself, but unfortunately these things just happen...and usually at the very worst time possible!

Hugs xx

Dont feel bad Angela, your a fab bunny mummy! accidents happen, im sure all of us on the forum have had a rabbit chew through something they shouldnt of wether its a hot water bottle or a cable (bunnys are so naughty)
Hope George is better soon and glad to here you picked your other 2 buns up! X :love:

Back