• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My supervisor met my buns today...

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
and has just txt me saying shes now going to buy her 2 year boy a rabbit :(

ive told her that my rabbits have taken years to tame and that most rabbits struggle when cuddled which can end in scratches and bites on her little boy, have also mentioned about neutering, vaccinations, large accomodation and a large run where the rabbit will need daily exercise.

shes after a baby rabbit as she wants her little boy to watch it grow up etc. even though shes heard me yap on about animals in rescues on some of my shifts at work.

grrrr i cant believe that letting her come say hello, stroke my buns and hold Crystal has ended up with her buying a bun for her 2 year old :( bah

That happened to me once with someone in my road. They saw mine and the next day they bought two. They were neglected so I had to rehome them. I am now very wary of people coming to look, because I also do not want to become a dumping ground.

When I told people I was getting Teddy they ALL asked if he was for Oliver!!:shock::shock:

Oliver was 8 months at the time!!....How is he meant to look after Ted can I ask! :shock: They're about the same size...and I think he's more likely to eat the poo than clean it:lol::lol::lol:!

I can't understand some people! Get the bunny for YOURSELF...and let it enrich the childs life...don't get it FOR the child!

Has your supervisor said anything since?!

my friend's mentioned their two year old loved the rabbits at the petting zoo, and would buy him one when they move house.

If the time ever comes I am just going to stress how expensive rabbits can be.

Education not preaching is the key here.

saying that my dad rescued a wild bun who lived with us for 11 years, when I was only 6 and my sister was 4. It tought us to be loving and caring towards animals and my sister especially learnt very quickly to be very gentle.

Obviously he was my parent's responsibly.

I think it's wonderful for children to be around animals. At 20 months Oliver has learned to be respectful of animals and to be gentle. But I don't understanad how a two year old can have that responsibility!!:D

I have to say when we go to the vets I always cover the travel cage up. We go on the bus, so it not only reduces the stress, muffle the sound etc, but stops children going awh and planting that seed in their heads.

I know kids can be dogged, when they want something, and will not give up, and once they get what ever it is that they want they soom go off them, hence I have Charlie

Back