• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

?? honking.....

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
i think i have a honking rabbit:? managed to find some sound files (completely spooked both of them whilst playing them:lol:) and it sound as if our girl is 'honking'.

she does this when washing occasionally, sometimes near eric and just now, when i put some spring greens in the communal dish, she did it a lot.

why? spooks me a bit as eric's really quiet:oops:

(she was spayed nearly 3 weeks ago i think)

Could be excitment?

Artie does a honking almost wheezy noise when he's running round my feet, some people call it buzzing, which probably describes Art well. Scrat used to do it as well :love::love: I just LOVE vocal bunnies.

i think i have a honking rabbit:? managed to find some sound files (completely spooked both of them whilst playing them:lol:) and it sound as if our girl is 'honking'.

she does this when washing occasionally, sometimes near eric and just now, when i put some spring greens in the communal dish, she did it a lot.

why? spooks me a bit as eric's really quiet:oops:

(she was spayed nearly 3 weeks ago i think)

My male rabbits Charlie honks a lot. He started when his plums dropped and still does it now even after his neuter. He mainly does it when he is after food, when I have a treat for him or put down his food he runs up to me honking. I think it's super cute!

i don't feel so bad now:lol: i thought at first it was eric as i'd heard boys can make sound when they're :oops: excited but it did throw me when i realised it was the dainty little girl:lol: maybe she's just enjoying her new found freedom and lots of fuss:D

As I said in your other thread, it's perfectly normal and is usually a sign of excitement.

I hear plenty of bunnies do it. And yes, Esme was spayed on 27th August - so nearly 3 weeks.

Last edited:
As I said in your other thread, it's perfectly normal and is usually a sign of excitement.

I hear plenty of bunnies do it. And yes, Esme was spayed on 27th August - so nearly 3 weeks.

thanks. i originally thought it was eric making the sound, hence my original post asking if anyone had any sounds links so that i could try to decipher it as i hadn't heard it before. well, i wouldn't have as its esme who does the talking....

she didn't make it to the website i don't think:)

i will ask madam esme to pose nicely when she has finished eating her tea and running through tunnels like a loon:lol:

Oh yes nearly forgot what I was going to say... My girl Daisy Snorts !!! She tries to charge too but she's such a little fluffball it makes me laugh :love::lol:

Back