• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what do you use...

mum2buns

Warren Scout
...as somewhere nice and cuddly for rabbits to sit on in their shed?
Mine have a towel but it's a nightmare to wash as we end up with the washing machine being full of hairs and hay.
Can anyone think of anything I could put in there for them to lie on that would be easier to say brush down before I put it in the washer or do they really need something to lie on?
They have lino flooring in there a little hidey hole with hay in it and a large litter tray with hay in it.

I am surprised you haven't got an electric blanket for yours;):lol::lol::lol:

Ty lookalike is coming in nxt week;)

We use fleece and shake it out before it goes in the washing machine. It works quite well and our washing machine has to cope with a LOT of it.

oooh electric blanket now there's an idea Kayj - by the way I thought he was a Bru lookalike???
also can I ask about fleece please - where do I buy this fleece as it sounds a great idea

I have some vet bed it mine, I've had it about 18 months (well 2 so I can "wash one wear one"). Still in really good condition, shake it out well before putting in the washing machine. Could you put your towel/fleece in and old pillow case / duvet cover to wash it, might prevent getting the hairs everywhere?

Hannah

I buy big fleece blankets for something like £2 a blanket. I take off the thread around the edge and then either use it full size folded over, or cut it into pieces (all buns have different preferences :roll:).

I buy it from a place called Buyrights, which I guess is a discount store. It's a sister store of QD, if you have heard of that? But I would guess any sort of stor elike that might have them.

I tend to buy plain colours because the ones with patterns are about £3 more expensive which mounts up VERY quickly.

For Bungle & Nushka I have an old 4ft x 2ft hutch in their bedroom bit and I put loads of hay on top and litter trays with hay inside, then more hay on the floor. In the 'living quaters' they have an old TV stand with two shelves which the LOVE sitting on, then they have the remains of some sea grass stools - seagrass eaten wood remains and a tunnel ... they also have their toilet block at the end of another 13ft run (which is another 4ft x 2ft hutch):lol::lol:

For Daisy & Ben I have carpeted their living quaters in the garage and laid insulation underneath. They have a double decker 4ft x 2ft hutch on legs in there which has a rug on first level and bedrooms and other level packed with hay, they also have tunnels, tents and a chair... with catflap leading to a 10ft x 4ft run/garden :lol::lol:

Edit my buns just rearrange and shred any blankets so they get hay to snuggle in.

Mine have Lino, which has carpet tiles on top, which then has a layer of hay.
The boys used to have a towel on top of the lino, but I've not got the towels anymore and they don't seem to miss it.

I have just got some fleece so next time I see you you can have some as B&M Bargains are selling it cheap:D

I put all the bunny towels and fleeces into a big bag befor3e putting it in the machine. It's a washing bag I saw recommended by someone here on the forum. It's huge and is actually used for putting horse blankets in before washing. No hay or hair gets through it.

Smart price asda fleeces for Bea and an old sofa biscuit on to of Blues hutch (he likes looking out of the window :love:)
Theyre both indoors though so I don't know if this helps.

Oh eck my rabbits are getting jealous!! Electric blankets haha :shock: litter trays with hay that they've had to pull from their hayracks themselves is the best out lot get :oops: :lol: Ours have 2 carpetted levels but all seem to prefer the breezeblocks or the smooth surface from the underside of an 120cm indoor cage base :lol:

Well Wesley has various fleecy blankets and cat bed, Honey has a plastic dog bed with a fleecy blanket, Kassy and Frankie don't like vetbed they would rather use it as a toilet :roll::lol:

Mine are going to have fleece on the floor, but they will be having their hutch in the shed too, so I will just stuff some extra hay in there. Should be ok.

Back