• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Urinary Infection

Jane Parry

Young Bun
I noticed some blood in Fluff's wee so took her to the vets, there was quite a lot when I noticed last weekend, took her straight in, he gave her a thorough check up and said she seems really healthy and bright and active so he thinks it more likely to be a urinary tract infection rather than carcinoma and he has given us medicine (baytril I think) to give her twice a day and then after to take another sample in to be checked. Well you can imagine the fun we are having as she is a feisty monster so I get her in a soft material catbed, hold it closed, get her nose out and squirt the medicine into her mouth.

Just wondered really if anyone else has any knowledge of this?

Thanks

Jane

Did the Vet send a wee sample off for testing ? (to identify if infection is present and what bacteria are involved )

Is Fluff straining at all when she wee's ?

How old is she and are you going to get her spayed once this current problem has be sorted out ?

Hi Jane, good to hear from you.

I will have to ask Steve about the sample, he took her for her check-up.

As far as I can see she is not straining, poos are very normal.

She is 5 years old and I would def like to get her done if she is not too old.

Thanks

Jane

Back