• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Me and a large towel .....U/D back from vet

Julia123

Warren Veteran
.... are off to wrestle Bungle for a look where his plums were.... wish me luck :shock::shock::shock::shock:

Last edited:
Not good............. very swollen.... back to vet at 4.30pm :cry::cry:

CIMG2410.jpg

Last edited:
awww poor boy...I bet he's regretting letting you see them now! He should have carried on pretending to be neutered :)

Hope its nothing too - bad, concerned he has been picking... most neutered plums I have seen are just like rolled and glued skin.... this is deffo not right, poor love :cry:

Aaw, that does look painful :( Poor bunny.
How long has it been since his neuter? Pipkin's looked similar for a couple of days afterwards, I seem to remember. I took him to the vet a couple of times but she kept saying it looked ok since there was no discharge or anything and it healed up fine within about a week.
Have you done any cold compresses on it or anything? I dampened some kitchen roll and held it over Pipkin's (lack of) plums for a while. He completely lost all dignity but it seemed to help a little XD
Hope the vet visit goes well, anyway.

I remember seeing a bunny who'd been neutered and thought that they hadn't done it as it looks like they were still there!

Unfortuatley he wouldn't let me hold anything near him, I had to wrap him in a towel and keep his back legs frimly restrained to get that close - he's a real kicker and with feet the size of labrador he can and has done some serious damage!

Hoping its nothing serious.... my vet always books me in as they know I will be on the phone asking questions every 5 mins if they don't !!

Counting down to 4.30.....

Unfortuatley he wouldn't let me hold anything near him, I had to wrap him in a towel and keep his back legs frimly restrained to get that close - he's a real kicker and with feet the size of labrador he can and has done some serious damage!

Hoping its nothing serious.... my vet always books me in as they know I will be on the phone asking questions every 5 mins if they don't !!

Counting down to 4.30.....

Hopefully it's nothing serious Julia, just some swelling that they'll most probably treat with a course of Baytril (?).
xxxxxxxx

Well we are back from the vets........

CIMG2414.jpg

I've cut the collar down and taped it up so he can eat..... :roll:

CIMG2424.jpg

CIMG2422.jpg

I is NOT happy mum !!!

CIMG2418.jpg

and Nushka licking is ears :love::love::love:

CIMG2417.jpg

He had pulled all the glue off and opened his wounds are they are now infected :roll::roll::roll:

Back to the vet tomorrow - he's had a Bayrtil & Metacam shot for today....

Edit sorry and meant to say .... been cleaned out and re-glued !! :roll:

This is turning out a VERY expensive neuter !!!!

Excuse urine spray on stuff.... he was an entire buck you know.... ;)

Last edited:
Well we are back from the vets........

CIMG2414.jpg

I've cut the collar down and taped it up so he can eat..... :roll:

CIMG2424.jpg

CIMG2422.jpg

I is NOT happy mum !!!

CIMG2418.jpg

and Nushka licking is ears :love::love::love:

CIMG2417.jpg

He had pulled all the glue off and opened his wounds are they are now infected :roll::roll::roll:

Back to the vet tomorrow - he's had a Bayrtil & Metacam shot for today....

This is turning out a VERY expensive neuter !!!!

Excuse urine spray on stuff.... he was an entire buck you know.... ;)

Bless him! :love:
Glad he's okay, behave Bungle!

I had Daisy in a collar for AGES after she attended to her own spay wound.Sending get well vibes his way,poor little lad!!!x

Thanks guys.... I've just cut all the veg into long strips, but he seems to learning to use his collar as a scoop anyway :lol::lol:

Aw I remember Bubbles doing the same when he had his collar. Bless. Impressed Nushka is still licking his ears though, poor Bubbles was totally avoided when he had his on, they thought he was some scary bun!!

Back