• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

British giant *info needed*

deja224

Alpha Buck
Been looking at pics trying to find out what the new girl is, we took her to vets and she is yonger than we first thought, vet said she looks to be a british giant any one got to compair :wave:

heres sully
130-1.jpg

bunnysandpaintoncarpit017.jpg

bunnysandpaintoncarpit013.jpg

Last edited:
i got my bun from pets at home a few weeks ago and have the same problem,im not sure what giant he is but he looks the same as your bun.

Picture006.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture009.jpg

I am no expert but they look like british giants to me, try going on a search engine and looking at the image section (I am thinking of one here that starts with a G but not sure if i am aloud to say it) and type in british giant rabbit, and you should be able to get an idea from here. the only thing is giants are often cross bred so you can never hundred percent tell. I have just got my giant he is 6 weeks old and weight 0.8lb.

Hope you can find out what your bun is.:D

I would say the first one isnt, the ears are too small.

But the second one does look like a giant.

Im so rubbish at breeds though :lol:

I wouldnt say bunny was a british giant... her ears dont look right :? Maybe shes crossed with some other giant? How much does she weigh? :)

Kelly your bun looks like a conti giant, his ears are much longer like my ronnies :)

Last edited:
:shock: she is definatley older than 8/9 weeks if she is 4kgs. You're growing a mutant otherwise :lol::lol::lol:

I have only had Hermy as a baby, and she was 1kg at 6 weeks old (i was told 8, but I spoke to a breeder who guessed her to be much younger) when I bought her home!

Heres some other pics of British Giants... its a breeding site so will delete once youve had a look at the pics :)

http://www.therabbitry.co.uk/8.html

She may well be a british giant :) I would guess she is older than 8/9 weeks if shes 4.1kg, either that or shes going to be a hugeeeee bunny!!! My Ronnie, hes a conti, but he weighed around 2.5kg when i had him at 18 weeks :)

she was unwanted by a lady and handed in to vets

Ahh i see. Bless her :( Normally the vets are pretty good at ageing the buns down here, it would be easier if she was male of course ;) I guess her age doesnt really matter :love: Shes definately not fully grown if shes a british giant, and shes not a baby baby, though she does look young facially :)

As shes a larger breed, they dont stop growing until around 12-18 months old :) xXx

I think you may have to wait and see. Could be a British Giant, but could also be a smaller Conti.

btw I have 2 British Giants that are rather small. I saw them both with Mum and also saw Dad. 2 separate litters. Just one of those things.

Whatever she is, she's beautiful!

Deb

She looks like an older typical uppy eared bun to me. Giants have ears to grow into which she doesn't have. This is Sky, she's four months old and you can tell by her ears she's going to be big.

DSC_0391.jpg

Back