• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When should we get Lola a new companion?

wee Jimmys mum

Warren Scout
Hello

i was looking for a wee bit advice . . .

some of you know that our lovely boy Jimmy went to the bridge recently. he was the life and soul and we still really miss him

we now just have the one rabbit, little Lola

she's a timid little girl, and always a bit wary of my boyfriend and me. however she was head over heels about Jimmy - loved up big time!!

since Jimmy died, she is on her own. my bf and me have made a huge effort to spend time with her. she now lets my bf pat her head, and i think she secretly likes him! hehe. we've been enticing her out her cage with pellets, talking to her etc. we think she's a clever girl, cos it makes sense for bunnies to be timid! in the wild it would help them survive

we're going to get her another husbun and i've been wondering whether to do it sooner or later?

bf and me are going away in January to Thailand for 3 weeks, so we were thinking of getting a new bunny after that, and perservering with gaining Lola's trust with us until then

but i'm woindering if we should get her a pal sooner? she's never stretched out relaxed in her cage since Jimmy's gone. she used to lie full stretch flopped out in happiness next to him. now she sits in the corner, and only comes out if we offer food bribes! maybe she'd be a lot happier with another bun

advice and opinions good or bad would be most welcome!! :wave: xxx

I would think about getting her a little bunny boy now and if you go to your nearest rescue you will be not only getting your girl a companion but giving a forever home to a needy bun and usually they are neutered so that save's you the worry of having to have him done. :)

I would think about getting her a little bunny boy now and if you go to your nearest rescue you will be not only getting your girl a companion but giving a forever home to a needy bun and usually they are neutered so that save's you the worry of having to have him done. :)

I agree, a neutered male from a rescue would be great. If you get him sooner rather than later, you'll know that she won't be lonely when you're away. Also rescues often help with bonding.

Agree with the others, sooner rather than later so she has company when you are away.

Mine have been introduced within 1 - 3 weeks of losing a partner.

Edit - Lola sounds lovely.:love:

:) we were going to check out the Cat and Dog home for bunnies, they have small animals in there

we werent sure if it was too soon, but then if we left it too long she might be scared of a new bun!

Lola sounds lovely.:love:

aww Lola says thanks!

BlackandWhiteCharlie.jpg

Back