• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The High Jump!

Haha, brilliant! :lol:

Alfie and Bubbles are both rubbish jumpers (thankfully!) although Alfie has a knack for climbing onto things to get himself up higher:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v499/karenmiller/videos/?action=view&current=pot.flv

I've since moved the watering can and he hasn't realised yet that he could probably jump into the small silver pot if he just tried. :roll::lol:

My bridge bun, Reggie was a nethie with a dangerous streak - I found him once perched on top of our 6ft fence. I doubt he jumped tht high but he must have somehow shimmied up the drain pipe, which is still pretty impressive. :lol:

My nephew's bridge bun Bugsy lived in an aviary, which had a shelf about 5 foot up, which I used to put my hamster cage on for some fresh air on nice days. One day I came home to find Bugsy sitting proudly on top of the hamster cage...I've no idea how he got up there xx

Mischa's a bit rubbish at jumping. Well, he isn't too bad he just thinks he can't. He can jump up onto th ottoman now, the temptation of the window ledge is just enough to convince him he can. :lol:

Mini can jump onto my bed and Nutmeg can jump onto the arm of the armchair which is quite high. :lol:

I reckon Boris could jump really high if he tried,but he's a bit of a wimp so he doesn't really :lol:
Bella however is a right daredevil and will try to jump absolutely anything! She's pretty good at it too :shock:

Haha, my first British Giant, Boomer was his name, we were staying at my mum's for a while when I came home from up north and was flat hunting. She had a lovely big garden so I would let my buns out there every morning.

One day, Boomer scared the hell out of me, I heard a commotion and lo and behold, he was jumping up at the fence, the noise I heard was his feet scrambling against the wood as he very nearly cleared it. The fence was 5ft high!!!!

I never turned my back on him in the garden ever again, of all the lovely things he had to do there, he chose to try and escape over the fence! Bless him. He was such a wonderful bun.

Alison

I'd say Harley can jump over a metre.
Not on a hurdle jump though, only on a trying-to-escape-out-of-the-garage jump :roll::lol:

Harry scaled a 5ft gate once (a good few years ago!) to get to a foster bun I had on the other side :shock:

Ozzy has got onto my desk before (about 3ft) whereas Elsa has cleared a 3-level NIC which is about 3'5" :shock: Both are small buns and Elsa has a dislocated hip :shock:

Beau isn't even remotely interested in jumping. He will jump onto the sofa very occasionally but even to escape from confinement, he won't jump nic panels :roll: don't know if he's scaredy or lazy

Back