• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

moulting and brushes

shelley1977

Warren Scout
Hi,
My house bun Rodger seems to have been moulting since i brought him home which was the beginning of July.Is this normal and can anyone recommend a good brush to help ? I do have a brush but it seems virtually useless on Rodger.
thanks

Shelley

I use a comb type thing like in the top right corner of this set.
It gets the loose fur out pretty well.

I think house rabbits can moult pretty much year round because the temperature inside doesn't fluctuate too much so that could explain why your bunny has been moulting for so long!

mine are house buns:) they have a MAJOR molt twice a year (theres no heating in our house so its probably cooler and more like the temprature outside.....)
though my french lop Pierre seems to have a permant year round molt:?
any small animal brush will probably be fine but i've found the best thing (especialy if yours have a particularly thick coat) is to dampen your hands with water and rake your fingers gently through the coat.

Back