• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Figured out what to do with those Alfalfa cubes!

Lymie

New Kit
Figured out FINALLY what to do with them. I don't like buying them as regular food, and couldn't figure out a reason to buy them as treats. I mean, what fun is handing a block of alfalfa to a rabbit anyway?

Well, my Beazel likes the phone book but he can't have it anymore. He EATS it. A little, that's fine. A lot, that's grounds for removal. So he's been bummed out with me over the whole fiasco (and eye scoulding).

I was at Target today (I live in America. You all are a lot nicer then Americans, that's why I dwell here.) and found these cute little treat boxes that encourages his natural need to...whatever. Do what rabbits do. But I didn't want to spend $5 on something I could make, and make tons of it. That's what gave me the idea.

Wrap the alfalfa cubes in the yellow pages and use it as an occasional treat. He is in rabbit heaven! It was a good reward for allowing me to use the pedi-paws (Electric torture device for his nails) on him. I'm a pro at rabbit flipping now.

On a side note: Alfie is happier with Beaz. They've bonded and are now getting on great! Louie was adopted today by a nice girl who agreed to bring him back if for whatever reason she couldn't keep him. I made sure she understood not to put him with her other male until both were fixed. He'll be happy with his new outdoor run and giant cage!

I love having them, they brighten my life.

-Lymie

That sounds great. :) Milo eats a lot of paper, so he is similarly banished. Naughty rabbits. :no:

And I'm not familiar with the history of your buns, but I'm so glad things are going well at the moment. And it's good you made it clear that you would take Louie back no matter what. Hope it all turns out for the best!

Back