• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

urgent advice needed u/d its happened again :(

Phoebesmummy9

Warren Veteran
I was with my bunnys before, and noticed Fletcher had a bit if milky/cloudy discharge from his eye! Its only one eye and hes displaying no other symptoms!!
Any ideas? :shock:

Last edited:
Homer had this the other week and eye drops cleared it up, we thought it may be his teeth but it has not come back.

Best to go to the vet to get checked out (including teeth), hopefully it will be infection that eye drops will sort out.

Sorry, only just seen your PM

He may have a slight infection in his nasolacrimal duct (tear duct). This *might* be due to the duct being blocked, possibly by elongated tooth roots.
I'd get your Vet to check him over tomorrow :)

He only had his teeth checked a week ago and the vet said they were fine, ive looked at his eye again and it looks fine - dried,uncrusty and no sign of injury.
I irragated his eye before just incase something was irratating it!

He only had his teeth checked a week ago and the vet said they were fine, ive looked at his eye again and it looks fine - dried,uncrusty and no sign of injury.
I irragated his eye before just incase something was irratating it!

Elongated tooth roots cannot be diagnosed just by looking at the teeth.
Skull radiographs are needed.

Ill take him to the vets :shock:
I wonder if it could of been the shavings ive had to use in the litter tray because I ran out of paper based litter??

I'm sorry to hear about your bun's poorly eye.
I just use newspaper and hay in the litter trays, so they can snack whilst they relieve themselves :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Usally I use tescos paper based litter tray but since baby Ava joined the trays have taken a right battering, I know Amonia can effect bunnys eyes so i do try and make sure the litter is changed daily
I just checked on him again and eye is still ungunked,and dry and hes binkying about, little sod :roll:

Im freaking out about his eye so much, maybe I should bring him inside?
also my buns are partical to a bit of sunday sun :lol::lol:

Im freaking out about his eye so much, maybe I should bring him inside?
also my buns are partical to a bit of sunday sun :lol::lol:

Is he normally an outside bun? Does he have a bonded partner? Is he eating and drinking ok and his ears nice and warm? If so then I would leave him where he is. If he however feels a bit and looks a bit poorly then why not bring him in with his bonded partner. I'm sure whatever you do will be the right decision. Try not to worry too much. If it looks ok now then i'm sure he's ok tonight.

Hes an outdoor bun but makes himself quite a home indoors :lol: and Fletcher lives with 4 other rabbits :shock: dont know where id put em :lol:

It was probs something that got into his eye, like a bit of dust from the hay, or a bit of the shavings. If he seems happy enough in himself, I'd leave him be, but keep an eye (no pun intended) on him, just to make sure it doesn't come back.

His eye had a small amount of milky fluid again coming from his eye this morning. Ive rung the vets and theyve advised me to wait till he comes in on thursday's appointment, to see if it improves and to just bathe it!
He dont look to be in any pain and hes doing all the normal rabbity behaviours!

Last edited:
Back