• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr Bean U/D-Please See http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=196397

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Despite making an apparent dramatic recovery from his recent Respiratory problems, eye problem and enlarged Kidney Mr Bean is relapsing :cry:
His breathing is not too bad but his Kidney is very enlarged again. His eye is still a problem too :cry:
We are seeing Christobel tomorrow when Mr Bean may have some blood tests.
At least within himself he is OK, bright and eating well. He is showing no clinical symptoms of renal insufficiency. But there is clearly something going on with his Kidney as it is so hard and enlarged :cry:

I took some piccies of him today

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?p=3321491#post3321491

Last edited:
I've not been around much lately so am not up to speed I'm afraid. Has he had Xrays done? Renal calculi are a possible cause of enlargement, along with abscessation, granulomas, abnormal growths and various fluid accumulations.

I'm sorry to hear your little teddybear is unwell again. Hope Christobel can make him better again xx

I've not been around much lately so am not up to speed I'm afraid. Has he had Xrays done? Renal calculi are a possible cause of enlargement, along with abscessation, granulomas, abnormal growths and various fluid accumulations.

My Vet did not want to Xray him whilst his respiratory problems were so bad.
He responded well to Depocillin as far as his lungs go and after 20 days on Metronidazole too his Kidney (right one only) returned to normal. He was off Metronidazole for 2 weeks but continued on Depocillin with the intention of stopping this at the end of the month. But last Wednesday I discovered that the right kidney is enlarged again. Not as bad as last time, but certainly not normal. Throughout all this he has remained 'well within himself'. Eating/pooing/weeing/drinking-Normal. Weight stable

If my Vet can do a conscious Xray tomorrow then I guess thats an option. But I really dont want him to have a GA :?

ETA
-He's been back on Metronidazole since last Wednesday

Last edited:
Back