• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Had to make the dreadful decision today.......i'm so sad

pooks

Warren Scout
My poor girl had to be put to sleep this morning.

In just 18 hours she bloated beyond belief - never seen anything quite like it (and im a vet nurse). She was still eating yesterday afternoon when it started, although we had to encourage her, and then i syringe fed her 3 times between 8.15pm and 00.15am. I gave her metacam inj, metoclop', she was already on zantac. She had infacol and vetergesic. Nothing helped. She has had gut problems ever since pulling through a terrible bout of mucoid entertitis 2 years ago.

She was such a fighter but at the end i just couldn't put her through it any more and i said enough is enough. I couldn't try to get her through it again cos she was in a lot of pain and even the pain killers weren't helping her. Even if by some miracle she made it through, she'd only be plagued with more gut problems. She'd had little flare ups since she had the enteritis, but they were never anything like this.

My dear little girl. I like to think she's in the green green fields with perfect teeth and perfect guts. Never in pain again.

Im really very sad for you....She knew how you loved her...STILL love her.Shes always gonna be around you.xxxxx

Thank you all for your kind words.

I love my bunnies so very much.....i think i will be sad for some time :cry:

I am so sorry for your loss. She will be binkying free now, now longer suffering, knowing you love her dearly xx

Back