• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help, really worried :-( \UD They can be pulled off, but should I?

UsagiYojimbo

Alpha Buck
she has bright orange lumps on her left upper eye lid they appeared yesterday and I bathed it but they won't wipe off (thought it was pollen)

They are still there today, see photographs of last night. Its not very clear but they are groups of small lumps like eggs bright orange but will not come off and I dont want to pull them off incase it is swollen hair follicles or something???? Her actual eye lids are dark blue/grey

She is absolutely fine, girl bits n all and very happy binkying and flopping

They are definately small bright orange lumps I thought they were eggs but they won't come off

Looked on the net but it's all very different answers

One was high colesterol another
Was a reaction to something and a further one was too much of vitamin b or c or too much citrus fruit (we don't feed her antthing but her musli her hay and some rabbit specific treats also she has munched on grass and weeds)

No one seems to know!!

Do you think it's worth taking her to the vet?

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

UPDATE

They are either eggs or harvest mites (thanks for the replies!) I pulled a few off but they are SO SMALL I cant see any legs?? I sqeeze them and they just squish with orange liquid, kind of like those little red spiders when you squish them.

Can you see harvest mites legs or just as small orange dots? they are TINY. What if she has them somewhere else on her body? :?

Last edited:
ok heres my thougths, it could be ticks, harvest mites or myxi... i would take to your vet to get a diagnosis and get them removed/treated. xx

Leave em for now, don't want bunny getting stressed, but get bunny to the vets tomorrow. They'll know exactly how to get them out/off :wave:

Back