• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best Pellets?

LMc

Young Bun
Hey, just wondering if anyone can tell me what hey thik is the best brand of Pellet.
I have got some supreme science ad am just wondering if you think that is good or there are better.
Thanks xx :D

Hi I use the Science Mature and Normal and my bunnies love it. I also use for one of my bunnies a mix of Bunny Basics Timothy.

Allen & Page natural rabbit pellets are fantastic if you can find a local supplier :D
Science selective is good too - and the buns seem to love it :)

I cant get allen & page here and 1 of my buns wouldn't eat science selective, so they both get burgess's excell pellets
xxx

I use Bunny Basics T (hay based) and my two love it. They used to have Excel and Science Selective but have found poops are better with the BB.

Hi, I was recommended Burgess Excel from the vet, but occasionally I would by the fruti mix from PAH to sprinkle over the top to make it more interesting for them to eat.:wave:

I would happily recommend Allen and Page (if it suits your bunnies)
Science Selective
Oxbow Bunny Basics
Bunny Nature

I use Oxbow Bunny Basics T, has the ideal everything a rabbit needs to have a healthy system.

My two Does aren't fond of it, but my Bucks are just absolutely crazy for it.

I use Oxbow Basics T, it did take about 3 months to get mine to eat it though!! I really think it's paying off as they both look really well and loads more normal poops in the hutch, and it's good to know my bunnies are getting 25% fibre min in these pellets and no sticky poops which is really good news:D My 2 were on Excel first of all. Good luck with changing foods and don't give up, just keep trying if they turn their noses up at it!! I've also email Oxbow direct for their help and the response was very detailed and helpful, so perhaps try that too and see what they come up with to recommed to you. Hope this helps :)

Mine are on SS- they were on Excell, but they got sticky bottoms so I changed. They love SS and look fab at the mo. Good luck

My two are currently on Excel, which my buck loves, but I've just ordered Oxbow Bunny Basics T from my local vet to try it. I'll gradually change them over to this. Unfortunately, it works out at twice the price of the Excel, so I'll see how they get on.

SS here :wave: I used to feed Burgess and had no problems with it for any of my buns, but I read that SS had higher fibre content so I feed that now.

Back