• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"My rabbit keeps pooing!"

coco1200

Warren Veteran
:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I can't stop giggling at this, this is actually what someone said in another forum. I need to stop visiting it, I keep making fun of people!

I don't know if this is normal or not. I got an 8 week old rabbit on Monday. I've brought him in the house of an evening when I get home from work and let him run around on the sofa but he keeps pooing everywhere!!! Is this normal? If I leave him to just sit there, then he's fine but if I pick him up and then put him back down, he keeps pooing. It's almost like every time he moves in the house, he poos.

:lol::lol::lol: I really want to say 'Its what rabbits do love!!!'

aww bless them how about replying,

this is a good sign of a healthy rabbit if bunny stops pooping for any length of time they need the vets so you should be happy with yoru bunny!!!

rabbits poop for three reasons,

to excrete(poo like a human does)

to eat, (caceotrophs to reingest nutrients these look like little bunches of grapes but you only see them if the rabbit has too much food as they ingest them straight formtheir bum)

and to mark territory: this is basicaly there way of marking territory

if you dont like poops everywhere you need to neuter your bunny (before he starts spraying as well ) and give him a litter tray, keep putting his poops and wees into the tray and he will soon get the hang but some bunnys need more than one tray and some take longer than others to train. x

At least its an owner who is concerned enough to ask for help,if you've never had rabbits before then they may be thinking its got a problem [eg incontinence].I say good on them for asking-at least they care

We were all new to bunnies at some point,I've just admitted how clueless I was at the start on another thread.

Yep thats what they do...had a classic on my facebook today! Someone sent me a message to say her guinea pig was having 4 babies but she only had one in the end and she was massive because the baby guinea pig ate all the others in the womb!!!! :shock: People scare me sometimes!!!! :roll:

Yep thats what they do...had a classic on my facebook today! Someone sent me a message to say her guinea pig was having 4 babies but she only had one in the end and she was massive because the baby guinea pig ate all the others in the womb!!!! :shock: People scare me sometimes!!!! :roll:

What!!!! Does that actually happen?

Even as a fairly experienced owner I found the amount of poop Scamp could produce shocking. It was the rabbit size to poop amount that was surprising, he must have had hollow legs or something to store it ready to leave a giant pile!

Back